Saturday, September 23, 2023

Last Butterfly

Highlight of my day was seeing our last butterfly come out perfectly ~ and as I was taking it outside, I had ONE fall rose that was starting to bloom, so I was able to get my first picture ever of one of my lovely lady monarchs on one of my beautiful Rosa roses!

A perfect moment that I was grateful for on this busy day. It was a full Saturday. Corey went to the temple this morning, I stayed to get Abi and Lily to the bus for GMS. I was a little sad thinking that I hardly have time to get to the temple, so I did something else... I noticed an email from Family Search saying you could choose an ordinance and then they'd find an ancestor that needed that work done, so I clicked it, it went to my family tree, and a few moments later, I had 5 names to take to the temple for initiatories! So now I needed to go too! I scheduled an appointment at 1:30, thinking I could go on my way back from taking D to a birthday party in Lehi at 12:30. Corey was back at 9:30, and then it was time to go to soccer games at two different fields. I took the boys to Lone Peak, Corey took Natalie to Flat Iron. Owen and Daniel played great. Owen especially was really in the zone - he scored 4 goals! It was so fun to watch him! He really was having fun and was playing so well! I was impressed! 
We've got a kid that loves soccer! I got his last goals on video. He's a good little player. Owen is #1!
Corey seemed frazzled after I got home from soccer. He prob just got home too, so that wasn't a good sign to me that he was restless/needing to get out of the house? He was getting kids' weight and height for their ski rentals and boots. It didn't seem like a good time for me to leave him for the three hours (to take to the b-day party and go to the temple), so I decided it would be good for him to take Daniel to the birthday party and I'd stay at home and reschedule my temple appt. It worked out well, cause my mom came over shortly after that to give Daniel his birthday presents today. She had a lot of work preparing for an audit that was scheduled for yesterday, so she wasn't able to get away until today. Daniel was at the birthday party, but came got back in time to give her a hug and say thank you. It was glad to keep her around a bit chit chatting cause she was able to see our butterfly come out, which is always fascinating. Corey was back and we were still visiting. We went to the table, watched that and talked more about butterflies! It was around 2:30 and I had expected it to come out when we were at the soccer games earlier, so I was a little worried that maybe it had tried to get out, cracked open the chrysalis, and then it got dried out a little bit? But she got herself out and her wings expanded... she looked perfect. This was out last butterfly, and we hadn't had any issues thus far - I was hoping for a 100% score and it looked like we were gonna get it, yay! As it was hanging, I moved it to a branch, and that was when we noticed she only had 3 legs! You can see a little stump leg there - poor thing! 

But her wings expanded perfectly, so I'm hoping that she will be ok. I went to the Draper temple at 3:30 for initiatories, and then since I was there in Corner Canyon, I went on a quick ride too, up Canyon hollow, Brocks, and then down Rush. When I got home, the butterfly was still around. The kids had also waited for me to get back before they had cake, so I could take a picture. They were waiting inside, I was taking pics of the butterfly outside while they called for me. I think it's harder to land on 3 legs than on 4, but hopefully she'll figure it out. I put her on the rose in our front yard - so pretty. 

And then I gave the butterfly to a little neighbor girl who was walking by with her dad and told her to go find a nice flower for it. The kids were still calling, they had an Ant Boy movie marathon they had to get to... Ok, fine! I'm coming! Pictures of Daniel with his cake - 

Make a wish - 
Then the kids went outside and jumped on the trampoline with their cake. Daniel played with his presents, some neighbor kids were here to share cake with, and with that, birthdays are done until December, and our monarch summer is over. Now we can go work on other worthy projects, like organizing legos, ha. 

Wesley did a great job on this today when he needed a break from Frankenstein. Wesley finished the bin we started on Thursday! Wow.
I hope we make good progress over conference next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...