Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Reading and Drawing

Today I finally washed the red marker off of the wall in the boys room. I did a little bit of it a few weeks ago, to test if it was permanent marker or not, and thankfully it wasn't. So then I wasn't in a hurry to get to work getting it off. Now it's been there for a few weeks. Peter said Katharine did it, and I'm sure she helped, but there were some stick figures with smiley faces on the wall, and Katharine is good at drawing, but not that good yet. So I knew Peter helped a little bit. I decided to clean the wall after I took a few pics and this short video of Katharine drawing. 

Writing so intently!
She was also picking out this small furniture nail from a chest today. She's carefully pry it out, then put it back in and "push!" Good as new. 
She's doing such a good job with all her fine motor skills! I'm so impressed. Katharine also did some stretching with me today. 
It made me think of Sister Jones' talk that I listened to recently - "Children are great imitators, so give them something great to imitate." Katharine was also suuuper cute yesterday - waking up from a nap. Wesley went in and got her, and she reached up for the stuffed dogs that were on the shelf. 
Looking so sweet and innocent, and a bit overwhelmed perhaps?
She held on to these for like 30 minutes. 
A few more cute pics of K reading books at violin on Monday - Little board books...
Then she'd run over to the book shelf, grab another book, and come sit on the little fireplace step and read again... a bigger book this time ~
I was reading my Simple Abundance book on the carpet. Katharine came up to read next to me, imitating how I was on the floor. 
"Let's try lying on my back..." - 
So many ways to read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...