Saturday, December 30, 2023

Nordic Valley

We are back home after spending two days skiing at Nordic Valley. We spent the night at Wolfcreek and so we skied yesterday at Nordic Valley and again today. Yesterday I didn't ski. I sat in the car with Katharine and Hyrum as we waited for our room at Wolfcreek to be ready at 4. There isn't a lot of snow, so Nordic Valley only had one lift open. Hyrum didn't want to buy a ticket for both days, so he's held out being a little bored yesterday, but he got a buddy pass today. Katharine didn't ski cause kids in backpacks aren't allowed. I thought she'd wear Peter's skis from two years ago but I guess we didn't bring those? I don't know what is going on... I didn't help pack anything. I was dragging my feet a little bit on this trip. I think with the trip to St. George, I probably wasn't ready to leave the house again? I felt like there was so much to do at home... But instead of cleaning anything, we all just threw snowpants, coats, gloves, etc all over the basement floor and then walked away. Sigh. I also didn't help much getting us out the door. Well I did do all the food prep. But I didn't bring Katharine's shoes, which was a mistake, and I also assumed someone else got a coat and snowpants for her, which was another error. I put lots of socks on her (one pair of hers, then two more from Peter and Daniel) but she'd pull them off,. Her toes were cold in the car... she'd be freezing if we were outside, so we just stayed in the car and watched puppy videos. (She likes puppies). Today Corey said he'd stay with her so I could ski. So we checked out of our room at 10, then headed over to the resort. Lily Peter and Mel. 
Sophi Abi and Mel.
Ethan and Bella came up last night, but they didn't bring ski stuff. I didn't want to ski, but once I got on the hill I was ok with it, just biding my time. Peter was fun to ski with. He's cute.
After I did two runs, Corey texted that he and I could head home if I wanted. Ethan and Bella could use our equipment. They got buddy passes so I did my 3rd run and then I went to swap clothes with Bella. Ethan and Bella suited up~
They looked cute so we took a pic. Then she said "Let's get one of you guys too!" but I was pretty sure we weren't as cute as them. That's ok. 
We got Katharine in our photo, and she gets the cute quota up. 
So we took Bella's car home with Katharine, and they all kept skiing until 2 and came home in the van and Corey's Pilot. They left around 2 cause Ethan and Bella had work back in Provo. Joseph and Wes were at home, plugging away at their independent study classes. Wes has 5 more! Can he do it - can he get 5 classes done in 3 weeks before he starts the MTC? 
Actually the Stake President wants him to finish in two so that he can take a week to prepare for his mission, so yeah, this kid is under a serious deadline. He worked on Earth Science yesterday and today. They helped each other stay on track. Wes said "I wanted to play Battlefront, but instead I did 12 hours of math..." Corey left Ethan with the $100 of his Christmas money to use in an emergency (to bribe to keep the kids skiing longer,) but he misunderstood the instructions, and instead Ethan told them if they did a jump, he'd buy them Wendy's on the way home. So the roast and potatoes I made wasn't eaten by the kids when they got home. BUT then Junior and his parents came over to visit for a few hours, so we had second dinner with them and they all ate the roast then. And a chocolate cake. 

Oh, I forgot to mention, part of my "I don't want to be here" mood was because of my 3am bathroom clean up...
I heard some whimpering and thought maybe Peter was lost or had a bad dream, but instead found him in the bathroom with a runny messy #2 on the floor that he was trying to clean up by himself. By the amount of toilet paper than had been used, I think he had been trying to clean it up for atleast 15 minutes. He might have figured the clean up was done well enough, cause he moved on to putting his clothes back on, but couldn't put on his pants cause they had a mess in the back. So I cleaned things up, gave him a bath...
...started laundry, found some swimming pants and a thermal shirt for Peter to change into, and then sent him back to bed. So THAT'S why I wished I wasn't skiing: Lack of sleep. But there's more fun ahead tomorrow - we have the New Years Eve party with our neighborhood friends at the the Felix's cabin at Brighton. Party party! Peter and Katharine might need to stay home since they've had the runs... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...