Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Santa Visit

We got a surprise visit by Santa tonight! Peter telling Santa what he wants for Christmas ~
Peter seemed to take this very seriously. This is his big chance!! Natalie was a bit more silly. 
With knitting in hand, gets a turn and got a candy cane. Owen - playing it cool - 
And Daniel ~
This Santa has visited our house before, sometimes as Santa and sometimes as our ministering brother (Dave K). I actually didn't hear what any of them wanted. Oh well, that's ok cause we're having a simple Christmas again with no apologies by me. I'm almost done with it all, but still have a little bit more to do that I think I'll be able to finish up tomorrow. I told the kids I thought it would be good if they all went down in the basement and made each other lego sets from ALL THE LEGOS we already have down there, rather than us buying more. But, I predict that we most likely will buy more legos. 
Ethan and his girlfriend are talking marriage, apparent by a text he sent me letting me know that they've scheduled a sealing appointment for Friday, March 1 at 3pm at the Payson Temple. So things are apparently getting serious. I also forwarded him the phone numbers for some friends in our neighborhood who likely have the phone number for our neighbor, who Ethan wanted to see if he'd be available to perform their sealing ordinance. So we'll see how this goes. I guess we're gonna have a wedding on our hands soon!

Katharine's feet photography is getting more diverse - She still have some of her usual work - 
and some pieces that are more complicated - 
 
Wow, Katharine's got 11 toes! I heard this quote today on the Lili Anderson Choosing Glory podcast - made me laugh and also want to cry a little - Found it online
"Long before December 25th everyone is worn out—physically worn out by weeks of daily struggle in overcrowded shops, mentally worn out by the effort to remember all the right recipients and to think out suitable gifts for them. They are in no mood for merry-making; much less (if they should want to) to take part in a religious act. They look far more as if there had been a long illness in the house."

I am feeling like that a little bit, as I said last week. Still trying to keep moving though. I'm glad we're going climbing again. I went yesterday afternoon by myself and had a goal to get to 30. Today it was a fairly warm afternoon (50 degrees!) so I took a quick ride along the fish tail. Silver bike, I was working hard and thought I was going pretty fast, but received no achievements. :( sad. Abi had a Christmas concert last night (I think GMS... I can't keep track). We're anticipating have the kids all home over Christmas, trying to find a place for the college kids to all sleep. Looking at the classifieds for mattresses. I thought it might be more fun to do the Wride Christmas eve dinner at the church, where there is room to play games in the gym, rather than here, but I don't know if that's gonna fly, so anticipating that party here at our house is also weighing on me a little bit, but I'll try to handle it more like the our neighbors did on Saturday than like I usual do. Usually I'm all stressed before hand and grumpy but do ok when the moment is here, and then just need to withdraw and have quiet time after. Ahh we'll see. One week until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...