Monday, June 29, 2026

Lisa Hike

This is Edmunds last week with us. He has been visiting us from Texas. He drove out with Grant when they came for Conner's wedding. Grant was also bringing their van to sell to a family member, so it wasn't a problem to bring an extra body but no one else came cause of the cost of the flight home. They decided that Edmund could come, however, if he stayed, and they offered to put some $ towards him eating at the Wride's Summer camp during June, so we did that. They are coming out this Friday and will pick him up before we leave for our family vacation to Newport. I hope we've showed him an ok time. It's been pretty simple - chores, library, playing with friends, and a few bike rides. I've been meaning to take the kids all on a good hike with him, but we haven't done it yet. Today I tried to do it for FHE, but kids were either gone at different places (Lily and Sophi at FSY, Daniel swimming at a friends house) or not interested (ANP), so I took what I could get, which was just Owen, Edmund, and Katharine. We also left kinda late, so we only had an hour before it would start getting dark. We went up the canyon to Lisa Falls. Quick pic before we start up the very short trail.

And 5 minutes later we were at the falls. The boys gave a go at the climb Corey and I did with Craig
A view of the Techy mountain (mountain peak we see from Techy). It would be fun to climb to the top of that someday. 
"Mom, take another picture of me." Pretty girl.
Owen and Edmund taking a stab at a few other boulders.
I told them that, while I'm sure they were very capable climbers, they couldn't go further, cause I couldn't go with them with Katharine.
Katharine, you're so CUTE!
Playing king of the rock. 
They they went to touch the water, Owen reached for something, stepped on a loose rock, lost his  footing and twisted his ankle or hit his shin. Him telling the rock "Bad rock" in this pic here.
I'm not sure, but he was struggling to walk back down. I gave him a piggy back ride for some of it, he scooted on his pockets a bit and hopped a bit too. So that cancelled us going down the trail on the other side to the creek and we went home. I don't have a boot, but we put some ice on it (Abi showed him how, she's currently a pro) and we'll see how it feels in the morning and if we need to take him to the urgent care or anything. I guess that might be it for our hikes this week if Owen's out. 

A few other things from today - I picked up this book from the library that Nicole recommended. Excited to see what it's about, I know nothing about it and Nicole hasn't told me anything either.

Lily and Sophi are off at FSY this week. I dropped them off at a neighbor's house this morning cause a group of girls in our neighborhood arranged months ago to go down together. They will be at the Orem FSY, which is coincidentally really fun, cause that is where Wesley is a counselor at this week! I know they'll have a great time and we'll see them Saturday morning. I'll share pics if they send me any this week. 

After dropping them off, I went for a hike/trail run from the ruins to the 1st bridge. I love our canyon.

Katharine playing at a friends house today - she's Elsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...