Oh, one last thing from dinner - as we were there eating, Christian said he saw a butterfly outside on the milkweed. I looked out and sure enough, we had a monarch laying some eggs! I went out hunting and found 3 eggs, so monarch season is here! I gave them to Mel and Christian to take up to his sisters who enjoyed their caterpillars last year (though they had a little drama with it when a butterfly got loose in the house if I remember right...)
Abi's recovery is coming along... maybe?? She's 24 hours in and looks like this -
She's had the worst experience and poorest recovery of all the kids so far. Despite her diligence with icing, she's super swollen, her cheeks are bruised, she can hardly open her mouth to clean out her holes, and her lips and chin are still numb. The nerve damage could be permanent but were hoping and praying for the best for her. They said recovery could take 8 weeks, so we'll give it until then and then we'll know if this is her new normal or not. I'm impressed with her that she's still going out in public. Yesterday she went to a friend's farewell with her ice packs on her face. She wore the ice all day yesterday, wearing them at dinner. Ice cream, yogurt, and mashed potatoes have been on the menu for her the past three days. She gets to start solids tomorrow.
She's being a good sport about us all giggling at her.
They are cute little friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment