Tuesday, August 11, 2026

School Year's Eve

Well, it's school years eve. I thought of trying to have a party, but then I didn't do anything to make it happen, so it was just a regular night. I haven't done that since the first one in 2014, but I still like the idea and would like to make it a tradition. I just can't do it by myself. We have a hard enough time giving ALL the kids back to school blessings. Last year that took us months to finish. Well, atleast we're going to bed early-ish before Lily Sophi Natalie and Owen start the day nice and bright tomorrow. Having Abi do home MTC has helped us be on a good schedule, cause we try to wrap things up at 10 so we can all be in bed at 10:30. Unless they follow us to our bedroom and keep talking to us! Corey talking with the girls last night - 

They usually are talkign with Corey, and I'm glad they like to visit with him. Except for when we're sick and tired. I had a bit of a sore throat coming on the past few days, but I'm feeling better now. Yesterday I was feeling ill with a sore throat, and I was coughing a bit that and last night again. Which was a bummer cause I really wanted to go on a morning ride, cause I only had TWO days left to do so with school starting, but since I was sick my body didn't want to, so I went to rec center with Corey, did a little bit of core and abs, then sat in the sauna for 25 minutes and 10 min of gentle swimming. Around 7pm last night I had a bit more energy, so I started a ride at 7pm hoping to get to the ruins and back before sunset. I wanted to go to the ruins, and there was no rain in the forecast when I left, but light rain started at 1st bridge, and by avalanche hill I was very wet, and totally soaked at 3rd bridge. I was getting close to the 3rd bridge, where there is an exit to the road, so I decided to call Corey. I didn't have good reception, so I couldn't see his location on Life360, but I crossed my fingers that I wasn't interrupting work. Thankfully he was already in the car and on his way home, so I asked him to pick me up. The rain had slowed down by then, but I was still glad to leave. The bike and I would have gotten really muddy if I tried to ride home in that. So I didn't make it to the ruins, but I got a decent workout in. Since my ride got cut short last night I had to go again this morning. Plus, since it rained, I knew today would smell amazing, and the mountains did not disappoint! It was so lovely, made my heart sigh (Enya "Only Time")

It was a glorious morning, wow wow wow. 

I took my sweet time being present in the moment, about 15 min longer than usual, and I got Local Legend for Coalpit Area oh yeah. It was so nice, and this is probably one of the last morning rides for a while since the children start school tomorrow. I hope to still get in a morning ride on the weekends, but that might be tricky too, cause soccer games start this weekend as well. And that is life with kids. 

Corey and I got asked to accept a new calling, and so I've spent a bit of time yesterday and today doing stuff to prepare to pass of my secretary duties. I started a facebook and GroupMe page for our ward RS. I went by the church before my ride yesterday to take a photo I could use. The sky looks totally harmless, right?

The sky beguiled me. So I set up a gmail account for the ward RS too, so I went by the church to use the date of the cornerstone as the "birthday" - 1964 

I texted our local historian/expert friend to ask him too. He said the groundbreaking was Dec 1963 and it was dedicated July 1965. So there is some historical facts about our chapel, which we hope is preserved somehow. It's an older building, so it might be the one to go since our stake went from 7 wards to 5 last year. I loved this photo

"We are building the kingdom of God. What are you doing?" I am striving to do that with my time too! A great way to do that is by being a mom. I spent an hour at the park with K tonight - she came with me when I took Owen to soccer practice, and then we stayed so she could play at the "fish park". K striking a pose-

We found lots of big black dead beetles and buried them in the wood chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...