Monday, September 14, 2026

Reckless Bricks

I got a facetime call today from Hyrum. I was confused as to what he wanted and why, but soon figured out he and Wes are in Tuscon AZ, where they took a spur of the moment trip so they could go to Reckless Bricks. They saw something on Instagram about it or whatever so they drove all night to go. 

Are they open yet??

They got there early cause they thought there would be a line. There wasn't, lol.

But lucky them, they got a photo with Reckless Ben, who wasn't going to be there, they were flying out, but came back to the store cause someone in his group left something at the store. So these boys got lucky, and their siblings were jealous. 

And one from this angle.

Hyrum called me asking if I want a lego set signed by Reckless Ben. I didn't think we needed to pay extra for his signature on the box - the kids wouldn't really appreciate it, they just want the toys. But I did ask him for a "We Steal From Old People" shirt, which I think will make a pretty good gift for one of the girls maybe for Christmas (girls, pretend you didn't read that)

So that is fun that they're able to do spontaneous adventures like that, but... Wes what are you doing down there?!?! Today is the first day of classes for you!  

Getting breakfast or lunch at Denny's? Not sure if this was before or after the store. 

And now they're doing the long drive back. I guess it's fun to be young and free and single. We shared the photos with Abi and she was jealous. She will be calling on Mondays now - today was her first pday in Panama! Fun to touch base with her after her first week in the mission field. Well, first 5 days. She is smiling, so that's good. 

She is with a Spanish speaking trainer, who speaks about as much English as Abi speaks Spanish, so that will be a good experience for both of them. Her trainer is from Guatemala. This pic from last week after she arrived, with her comp there on the left.
They don't use fb messenger in so she called us on whatsapp. We got the rest of the kids on the call later when she called again around 4 when kids were home. She wished she had been able to go to Reckless Bricks, but she's doing more important work. I left the kids visiting with Abi via my computer and went for an afternoon ride. I love our canyon. I puttered around at the ruins for a bit. 
After I got home, I put away my bike and drove straight over to my parents' house where Corey was helping with a technical issue on my mom's computer.
I guess I went over for moral support cause I didn't contribute anything, other than document the moment in time.
They are almost retired and my dad and mom have hopes of turning her office into an art studio after work is all done. That will be so great for her! 
I'm sure it will be a bit of work to make the transformation from office to art, and we siblings have been talking about we can best help with the process, so we'll see. 
Last great news of the day - I have a few fall roses out - and they are BIG and have pink! I'm so happy. These are the kinds that I'm used to seeing before the bushes got too much attention from Wesley. I have been cutting them and bringing them inside to enjoy. SO SO SO pretty.

Kat had a scheduled playdate this morning. They get together Mondays from 9-11. As soon as I dropped her off, I got a call from the elementary school. It was Daniel. He forgot to take his medicine before he left, doh. So the first 20 min of my 2 hours to get stuff done, I had to ride a bike down there to administer his medicine, then I came back home and tried to blog. I did catch up, yay, and Katharine had fun playing with her friends. 

She's the 2nd oldest in the cute little group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...