Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Future Chess Master Joseph


Joe has a new passion - Chess! Don't be fooled by the above photo - I was black and beat him, but, since he's the real chess lover, I let him take my side for the photo op. He's become a really gracious loser, too. "That's Checkmate Joe..." "Let me check... yup. (sticks out his hand) Good job! Wanna play again?" Joe even made his own chess set out of Legos - I was quite impressed.

My brother Neil, his wife Amy, and their kids came up for a quick visit a week ago and Joe asked Neil to play. Amy sent me an email tonight telling me "Ever since Joe beat Neil in chess he plays one game of chess online every night before he goes to bed to try to sharpen his skills for the next time him and Joe come head to head. Boys, boys, boys, there's nothing like competition. Neil can't be having a nine year old beat him." I thought that was so fun, and I am going to tell Joe in tomorrow and get him psyched for the Thanksgiving Showdown when we go up to their place in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...