Monday, June 6, 2011

Afternoon Naps


I haven't gotten the toddlers on a napping schedule since we moved back to the US. In Chile, Lily and Abi would take naps during the drives to and from school. Here we don't have those daily drives, so here's a pic of how the afternoon nap happens (if it happens at all.)


If they need a nap, I turn on a movie. Hope they fall asleep. That usually doesn't work, so I just let them collapse when they can't go on, with hopes that that occurs before 5, cause when it happens at 5:00 or later, my attempts and transferring them into their beds or keeping the other kids quiet until bedtime usually fail and the late napping child is awake and not tired at bedtime.


Since tomorrow is the last day of school, I didn't bother trying to get the school nap schedule going since school was soon to leave the equation. Trying to think of the best summer schedule and plan of attack for us. Anyone have chore systems that work well? I'm reading "Three Steps to a Strong Family" right now, which I've thumbed through before, it has a good idea of a peg board thing as part of step 2: Paying your Dues, A Family Economy" that I think I'll try to modify (again) for our crew and give a try (again). I'm always trying to figure out a system and set policy. Isn't there a Parent handbook out there or a "How to run a family for dummies"? I find bits and pieces here and there, but if it could all be put in one book for me that would be stupendous. Alas, since each family is so different and has such different needs, a one size fits all approach probably isn't out there. (sigh) Back to my thinking chair.

2 comments:

  1. You're gonna have to write that book Tiff. There are many mothers who want one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...