Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lily's Cast

I took Lily in for her cast yesterday. She seemed to be quite traumatized by it. Didn't want to lay down for another x-ray, even though it was on a padded table. I had to leave the room cause I'm pregnant. I stood at the door hearing her poor little cry. So sad! Then into room 4 to await her procedure. We tried to keep her distracted with a bag of cereal, but the hand sanitizer pump worked better.


She got some dripping down her finger and instictively licked it off - then spit it out and asked for us to wipe her tongue. Kept her busy for a few moments, then the doctor was in, time for the cast!


Gotta lay back again Lily, I know you hate it. She did NOT want her leg wrapped. I tried to put her ace bandage on several times the past week and she would have nothing to do with it. But with a cast, well, once this puppy's on there's no unwrapping it, sweetheart. Sorry!


After they were done, she was red faced and hyperventilating slightly. Gave her lots of hugs and tried to calm her down. She kept looking at me, the nurse, other patients, the receptionist, and any other adult for help pointing to her cast and saying so cutely "Off? Off?" Broke my heart but also made me laugh. Poor thing.

So, what's the one sure remedy for a sad child? That's right! Distraction! Yes, we will distract this child and make her pay attention to something besides her leg. So, off to Target I went to get her an early birthday present (her birthday is next week). Worked like a charm! Jessie would yodel and then Lily would imitate it "Hee-hoo!" One of those cute little things that just tickles your heart with joy. Love these little kids.


We went over to Grandma's house to pick up the other kids and show off her pink leg, but Lily didn't really care about that anymore - Cast, what cast? Check out my new toy! Yes, all is right in the world again!


And Lily's clothing attire for the next 3 weeks will most likely include the color hot pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...