Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Concert Adventure

5:00 - Corey: "You guys are so lucky! Tonight you get to go with mom to a Concert!" Hyrum: "I don't want to go!" Corey: "You have to go."
6:00 - "Ok, kids, go get dressed and get ready." Hyrum: "I don't want to go!" Corey: "You have to go."
7:00 - Tiff: "Ok, let's go get in the car kids! Hyrum: "But I feel sick!" Tiff : "You're okay, let's go."

7:30 - Hyrum "I feel sick." Tiff: Are you going to throw up?" "I don't know" "Well, come here and sit in the front so you can throw up out the window if you need to... Be sure you throw up out and down, not just out or it will fly back into your face. Don't throw up in the car. I can wash the outside of the car easily, so it's okay if you throw up all over the outside of the car."
7:40 - Tiff gives her 5 kids specific instructions to not lose Wesley and for Plans A, B, and C to follow for the potentially different circumstances they may encounter and then drops them off at the Conference Center to go into the concert with a huge throng of people while she drives 3 blocks away and hopes to find a parking spot and then hopes to find her children again, yikes ~ what am I doing?
8:00 - After a mad dash through the streets and across the City Creek Mall, Tiffanie is glad when she finds her kids and that Plan A worked out. Good job kids! Hyrum sitting by the isle still feels sick and the concert starts.
8:15 - Hyrum says too loudly in his mother's direction: "Mom! I feel sick!!" Tiff "Shh! Whisper! (sigh!) You need to go out? You want me to go with you?" We go out, go to the bathroom, get a drink, pat his head with water, wait for 5 minutes, grab some paper towels and some trash liners for barf bags from the nice custodial lady, and go back in to the show.
8:30 - Hyrum "I feel sick!" They are about to sing "The Prayer" so I ask if he's okay for one more song. I rub his back and enjoy the song. It ends "Can we go out now?" Yes. Wes joins us cause he's bored.
8:35 - We are out in the hall. "What do you need? Do you want a drink? Do you want to go to the bathroom? Do you want..." The nice missionaries talk with me and try to help, then...

Hyrum: "Ahh! It's coming out!!!!" Tiff "Run!! ...To the Bathroom!" Bro. Fifield: "Use the garbage can!" I shove Hyrums head into the trash bin and...
Hyrum reenacts his perfect puke for the camera
He up-chucks into the trash bin. I was so relieved! He didn't throw up in the Conference Hall! or on the chairs in there, not on carpet or area rugs, not in the van, not even on the tile which I would have been kind of okay with - Hyrum thew up into the garbage can! Yay!! All nicely contained with very little clean up for the nice Conference Center Staff, oh I was so grateful. Way to go buddy, you did awesome! He took a little drink of water to rise out his mouth and we waited for about 10 minutes.
When he and Wes started running around irreverently racing to the different prophet busts I knew he was better and we could go back in.
And Hyrum has a new BFF in Bro. Rod Fifield! Thank you so much, I just love wonderful people like him!
We missed Katherine Jenkin's dance number with her Dancing with the Stars partner, and missed seeing the song Habanera from Carmen, but we were able to hear it in the lobby so it was okay. It was fun.
9:30 - Concert over, that was fun.
The Salt Lake Temple behind, where Corey and I were married.
Standing on the circle stone where the rectangle stone used to be which we were kissing on when Corey asked me to marry him in Dec '98. This is where our family began.
We walk through the City Creek Shopping Mall and all talk about Chile and how much it reminds us of the Parque Arauco Mall in Santiago.
City Creek is beautiful, totally reminded us all of Chile. Both beautiful malls.
We find the parked car - success! Time for Tiff to pay up with her bribe to all cooperative children and treat everyone to Wendy's Frostys.
Uh oh, Looks like Hyrum ate too much too soon after being sick. He complains about feeling sick when we got home and...
...he throws it all up. Another perfect throw up, even better than a trash bin, he throws up in the garbage disposal side of the kitchen sick, sweet! No messy clean up! Of course, boys being boys, Eth and Joe want to see what it looks like. Gross.
And then we're all back home together and my baby girl, and thus husband also, have missed me. That was a fun evening and is now documented for many years of fond memories enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...