Thursday, July 19, 2012

Oil Cleansing

I read this blog post today about "oil cleansing" and am excited to try out this new routine at night:

Her instructions for the routine are:
  1. Let your faucet run, so the water gets pretty hot.
  2. Gently rub a quarter size amount on your face for about a minute. Make sure to massage it in and not scrub it.
  3. Run a washcloth under the faucet. (You want the water to be hot enough, but not too hot where you’ll burn yourself. I usually get it really hot and slowly test it on my face. If it’s to hot I just air it out for a second. This part is important, because it has to be hot enough to cause a steaming effect that helps to remove the dirt form your pores.) Leave the washcloth over your face until it’s cooled down, about a minute.
  4. Wash your hands
  5. Gently wipe off the oil using the washcloth.
  6. Your skin will probably look nice an supple and will probably be a little red from the steam.
Go read her blog post for her experience, this oil cleansing helped her acne clear up.  I don't have a real problem with that, but I do have lots of dark spots and a slight pregnancy mask still that I'm hoping it will help with, and I think it will also help with my dry skin and wrinkles. Another skin issue I'm looking for help with is dry scalp - I've heard it just comes with the territory here in Utah, but I'd like to challenge that idea.  Any recommendations? 

3 comments:

  1. A scalp massage at the beauty school is under $10. They rub your head with oils and scratch off dead skin. It is the cheapest massage and lasts at least an hour. I have sent jon and also my girls, we love it. Cameo in Murray is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the oil thing on my mission but didn't use the hot rag. Just used hot water. I think a member told us to try it, and for some reason I did. I don't remember noticing anything different with my skin, but the smell of olive oil still brings back the memories of Palm Desert. Crazy things girls do for their skin.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...