Monday, November 18, 2013

Kids Town Returns!

Last year, Ethan went to the Junior Achievement Biztown and inspired the kids to a game of Kids Town that kept them creative and busy for weeks. This year was Hyrum's turn to attend with his school class, and so Kids Town has returned to our basement once again and the kids are loving it! 
They're creating a bit more law and order this year with their own consitution, signed by all the citizens. 
Last year when the basement flooded, we had to tear out the carpet and so it's just been an empty room with boards and nails still around the edges of the room. I turned it into my little craft and paint area but that is no more. I gotta figure out a place to put my stuff now, cause they've made it clear that they don't ever EVER want Kids Town to be taken down, and I agreed that if they keep playing so amazingly nice and quietly like they did this weekend, I'm happy to appease them. So there's what's left of my stuff in the far corner, along with my frames of things that I'm waiting for inspiration on where to put them or what to do with them.
They only broke like 5 of my glass things as they worked. Again, I didn't get mad - if they are playing sweetly and nice, that is okay with me to sacrifice a few glass items. I even set up my own shoppe - I opened "Mom's Salon" cause they all needed to have their fingernail's trimmed. :)
Lily had a Stuffed animal store, Abi has a Toy Shop...
 Melodie opened an arcade.
 Hyrum runs the bank and is the DJ for the Radio station.
Wesley opened up an Art Studio again, so busy at work he can't even look up for a photo.
Ethan has taken over the role of Mayor and also runs a craft shop on the side.
He had a lot of homework over the weekend, and just did it as part of his Kid's Town work, which inspired them to open up a Library where they could get homework done if they didn't have room in their stores.
And some of the neighbors set up a flower shop with Sophi
 And a pet store (they brought in the guinea pigs for a day)
Anyway, it's just fun to watch them and I'm thinking I'll have my own "Town" of occumpations up here on the main floor that I'll go hire people to work for me - I'll start with a garbage man/waste management service, a laudromat owner, and a maid service, perhaps a restaurant, too. And we'll add a little Mom's Store side business where my employees can purchase their bread and butter. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Love it when kids can be creative and play well together and for a week -bonus!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...