Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Monday #2

I've kinda been feeling this way since school started:
Sigh. Yesterday was kinda rough. Busy all day but not getting anything done at the same time. It shall pass. I need to re-read "One Thousand Gifts" and remember to slow down time by being fully present and looking for the beauty in each moment. These kids won't be small forever. Last night Sophi didn't fall asleep until 12:50 a.m., I tried to multi task by stretching. Still, I've been feeling kinda defeated all day today. And it seems that everyday when I'm ready to be done, like around 8:00 or 9 pm, the kids just start going full speed. I wouldn't say that they are hyperactive, but they do seem to be possessed by some kinda energy (that I wish they'd give me a shot of) once it gets dark and they are all just nuts running around, laughing, playing, screaming, the pitter-pat thundering of little feet all around the house. I don't know why it happens each night when I wish they would start winding down and getting ready for bed. That being said, Corey and I got a big kick out of this sketch from Studio C last night "Three Wishes"
~that is kinda how the kids act and we're trying to speak to them and be understood ~ "Please, go get on your pajamas, k? Please brush your teeth, do you hear me? Focus buddy, you can do this! Please listen for scriptures, okay? Come on, ya gotta stay focused, allright?" All the sketches from last night were so cute, watch the full episode here. :) It is the one thing we have to look forward to on Mondays. I shall now go face the rest of Monday #2. I actually like Thursdays though, cause they are really "Pre-Friday".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...