Friday, February 21, 2014

Chills

I watched this video yesterday and I love it, totally gives me chills everywhere.

I showed it to some of the kids last night, then to Ethan and the girls again this morning, and seriously each time I've got chills on my arms and legs. It was filmed up at the Ice Castle in Midway. The Piano Guys just released a cover for Frozen too. I love uplifting and inspiring music like this. Sadly for my children, we haven't taken them (or ourselves) to see the movie yet. We'll see it soon kids, I promise!

Last night we went out to dinner. I had some of them pipe up and accuse us of never taking them out. We have been out before, but usually it's been breakfast or lunch, so too bad for me, I didn't know that didn't count. I should have brought the camera to collect evidence for myself against future allegations. But I didn't, but I have the receipt, and I will keep in a safe place. Children of the future, let it be known your gracious parents did take you all out to eat for dinner on February 20, 2014. And it was to a restaurant, not a fast food joint. And it cost $89 bucks. Which is why we can't do that again until some of you have left the nest and are off at college or on missions.

Movies... we don't do movies either, except an occasional dollar movie. If you kids work like champs this weekend and amaze me with your cleaning prowess, you might maybe be able to go see Frozen. But not tonight, we're getting family pictures taken. We're going for chilly outdoor style, but unfortunately all the snow around here melted last week. Probably gonna head up the canyon. This was my clothing inspiration, with a few less plaid shirts, I only have three... Maybe I should go thrift for more real quick? Hm, we'll see how it goes! Gotta start getting little people ready for it. It feels likes a full 24 hour process.

3 comments:

  1. She lives in Sandy - Lexi Walker I think? She sang the National Anthem at an RSL game and it was AMAZING. I'm sure it's on YouTube, look it up - you'll get chills watching that too! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have that luxury of eating out as a family or couple for that matter and my kids were complaining as well. It's hard for me to spend $50+ on one meal when I know that could pay for 5 days of meals. Anyway, an option is the Pizza Pie Café. There's one in West Jordan and Midvale. It's a pizza, pasta and salad buffet. There are coupons in the Hometown Values magazine where up to 4 kids eat free w/ a paying adult buffet. We ate there this past week for our family fun evening for the month and it only cost $25 so for your family it would be about $45. It may not be your thing but we love pizza and pasta so it's a win/win and half the price of Chuck a Rama our kids favorite place of all time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...