Monday, February 17, 2014

Solitude

Corey and I were fortunate to go skiing today for a quick anniversary get away. I'd never been to Solitude before, it was nice. I'm not very good at skiing, but someday I think I could be. It's fun. But right now it's a little more work and fear and trembling for me than fun. But luckily with how skiing is set up, you spend more time on enjoying pretty views (with cold wind) on the ski lift than you do spending time speeding downhill to possible humiliation. This time I didn't fall or wipeout, but I did a lot of snowplows. Tried to learn how to turn. I also stood paralyzed with fear on the top of a big steep hill a few times.
Corey was very kind and patiently waited for me. Someday I hope to be good enough that I'll be able to be his skiing keeper upper rather than his can't ski slower downer. Celebrating 15 years on Wednesday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...