Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bedroom Before and After

Ok! So, I'm feeling pretty good right now. Yesterday, after blogging about my "job" (aka to clean), I went and did my job, while the little girls played outside... It was 1:30. I had asked them and told them over the course of the day to clean up their room. And they had to clean their room before they could play with friends. Yes, you may play outside for free. So they went outside, and I blogged and then grabbed my black leaf bag and I went to work. I had prayed for a miracle that morning and got it in that I had the energy to clean and that Natalie slept for 2 hours while I did.
There were princess dresses and toys in a heap on the floor. No more. I took them away. If there gonna be in a big mess, I'd rather it be in a big mess in a bag downstairs and out of sight instead of in a big mess on the floor where I have to see it and walk over it. I went to check on my little girls outside... they don't suspect anything.
Yes, there they were in the land of make believe. Back up into the room, hanging up clothes. Melodie, you are the perfect child. Not only all on hangers, but color coordinated. AND with hanger turned both ways to let her know which things she's worn and which things she hasn't for when she does her 6 month clean out, wow.
The girls came inside. Abi noticed me walking downstairs with a big black back over my back. I knew that she knew what it was. "Are you putting that in the garbage?" No, but you don't get it back. And after a vacuum and ta-da! The room is clean! Would you look at that.
Yes, you may go play with friends now.
So the toys are in the basement, which is no longer Kid's Town, it is Mom's Dungeon. If they want to know where their toys are, I will tell them "They are in my dungeon" and the toys aren't allowed in the bedrooms anymore. Well, Little People are in there and Duplos, cause those are easy to pick up and I don't mind those. Plus we also still have a room dedicated to Legos. But I have removed all toys that irritate me to pick up (aka dolls, doll shoes, doll clothes, and all the other random toys and costumes and nerf gun bullets and everything else that don't have a place and that I can't organize and thus never want to see again,) they are in the dungeon. No, I did not throw them away, but I have a plan. and it's gonna work. It's really gonna work this time!! I know it!  Come on, manageable life... come to me! I'm feeling very happy and calm and unstressed out, cause I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not living in a complete mess right now (still a little mess, going to finish those areas tomorrow with another leaf bag in hand) ...and I'm not going to live in one anymore, ever again!!!! I shall give the brief details of my master plan tomorrow, cause it does involve a bit more than a big black bag. :) Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...