Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Rearrange

Today was a good day. I was in a good mood after spending the morning moving around furniture and cleaning. Yes, I think rearranging furniture gives me energy. I wasn't sure I could move this by myself, but I moved this buffet and hutch from the front room to the side room - it is now our FHE/scripture time headquarters - it's got all the scriptures, hymn books, family videos and such.
I got that over the summer at a neighbor's garage sale. It wasn't really the right color and has looked out of place in the front room. But now it looks okay in the side room, since the floor in there is all sort of different colors of wood. So I'm really happy with that! The buffet thing was moved to where our family trip pictures were, so I moved those into the front room above the couch.
I moved the roll top desk from the over crowded study into the front room where the buffet was. It's color matches, and since I see that as I come down the stairs, it is good for my chi. I don't love the photo collection on the wall there. But they are good conversation starters, so maybe it's good to have them out front and center. And that big wall is the first thing people see when they are standing at the door or if they come into the house. A tall vaulted wall that has been blank since we moved in 3+ years ago, I guess I'll leave it for now until inspiration comes. Any ideas? I've obviously been at a loss for 3 years. And I put these little sconce things on either side of the kitchen table, they're kinda cute - put little pumpkins on them. I think they'll be cute for little holiday decorations.
Hope my "in the zone"-ness continues tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...