Monday, November 30, 2020

Half of Us Back to a Routine

Kids are sick around here. Wes threw up last night, in the sink in the kids bathroom, gross. And then he tried to wash it all down and ended up just filling up the clogged sink. Hyrum saw it out of the corner of his eye and though Wes threw up like 2 pounds of food. I had him scoop it all out and pour it in the toilet, and then we unclogged the sink and washed and sanitized it all. Would have been nice if he could have made it into the toilet, but in the sink is better than on the toilet. Then Abi threw up at 3 am... also in the sink. The same sink Wes did. And I had her clean it up also. Gross. I really really hope I don't have toddlers throwing up around here tomorrow, cause they probably wouldn't make it into the bathroom at all. 

Also, I guess vomit and diarrhea are symptoms of covid, so we had them go get tested with Joseph today, just in case. We'll get their results within 48 hours. Abi was really looking forward to going back to school. Instead they looked like this all day. Wes on the left, Abi on the right.

The elementary kids were fine and happy to go back to school, especially cute Owen. It really seemed like a long vacation from school with the Thanksgiving break.
Big smile underneath that mask! His friends were very nice and came running toward him as he and I walked to the bus stop~ "Owen! You're back! You were gone a long time!!" 
His bus driver is so nice too. "Owen! You're back!" he said, Owen replied "I go to Hawaii". They are glad to be back. 

Today we had a first with Peter - he fell asleep at the counter!!
Super sweet. We enjoyed talking with Mel and Ethan. Ethan always has us laughing. 

I'm trying to do better at writing them on Sunday. We're kinda slacking, but they confessed they haven't read all of the emails we have sent, so then we didn't feel so bad. Also from yesterday - Wesley going into Corey's office for his zoom Youth Council call - formal on top, casual on bottom. Nice socks! He held the computer down over his shorts to hid them "don't take a picture of me!" but I got one, and told him it looked worse with the computer covering his shorts - that made it look like he wasn't wearing anything! funny. 

Corey and I were asked to share with our ward what we do during our Come Follow Me lessons at home to help our kids participate. Corey took care of all of it. I didn't know what he was doing until he started sharing his slide presentation, slide one of which was a picture of me. 

I'm Mary. Unlike Martha, Mary let's dinner and cleaning slide. For a Mary like me, spiritual nourishment takes priority! I'm not troubled over all the many things I could and should probably be troubled about. So I think this was a kinda nice tribute Corey made to me, thanks sweetie. "One thing is needful..." (but I'll try to be a little more Martha...)
We are consistent even if it is late sometimes. Corey draws kids in with a little Studio C, Dr. Phil, and the like (although you'll notice 90 Day FiancĂ© wasn't on the list he shared, ha!) They come like moths to a flame, they can't resist.
Then we get to have some spiritual enlightenment.
So that was fun to share, good job preparing that sweetie. It's nice to be back to a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...