Wednesday, November 4, 2020

The Word "The" and Package to Eth

As I have been reading with Owen lately, I let him say the words that he knows. The FIRST word he knew, was "the". And now he is really excited when he sees it anywhere (even in the word THEy're and GrandmoTHEr and a few other words where it really isn't the word "the" but still, he's paying good attention!) We try to give him every opportunity to share the knowledge of his new word skills. He is doing great at scriptures! Now instead of just wanting to read verse "22" we let him read "the" too, when we remember. He wrote this "the" all by himself and came and proudly showed me.

Smart boy, Owen! (I need a better phone camera)

When Ethan was little, we remember playing "The THE game" and we'd go around pointing at book covers and magazines or cereal and helping him see if the word THE was there. And THE is so close to ETH - Ethan, so it was pretty exciting to learn that word. Owen has taken after Ethan, and it's fun to relive this again. It's really fun being parents and watching and helping each of them grow and learn. 

Today I asked Ethan if he remembered playing the "the" game and he said no, and that he sounds liked an idiot. No, Ethan, you were smart! And we were proud of you then and are proud of you now. Today I Eth another package. He's been letting me know for a few weeks that it's getting cold, and that he'd like sweaters. I told him it would make more sense for him to go to a thrift store there and find some, instead of ME going here, buying some without knowing if he likes them or not or if they fit, then me also paying to ship them. But he implied that he didn't have time to go shopping and he didn't want to bother any members about it. So today I finally went. I spent $78 on sweaters and a few other things at Deseret Industries, that store is a blessing to our family. I got good Old Navy, Eddie Bauer, and other name brands for great prices, woohoo! I do love finding great things at the DI. I let Hyrum and Wes each choose a few sweaters if they wanted, and we sent the rest to E. He still got like 8 I think. I boxed it all up for him in a big diaper box. He also wanted a coat, so Corey gifted him his black Veracity coat (since he bought himself a new one at Costco) and I bought E gloves at Costco and I put in a scarf too. I realized after I sent it that I forgot the hat, so he'll have to figure that one out on his own. He should be good now though and be able to survive the Missouri winter. And I told myself that this box is his Christmas present, too, cause it cost me $40 stinkin' bucks to ship. So Merry Christmas Ethan! (There's his address if anyone else wants to send him something, although he will probably be transferred soon, so double check with him). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...