Sunday, November 22, 2020

Sunday Songs




DRIVE - shiny



We know the way


(This version is better!)

Looking over the cliffs at the Wakapu'u tide pools is so amazing! We didn't stop at the lookout, but next time we'll have to do some hikes along here. I was glad that Corey drove so I could look out the window. Beautiful rough blue waters. I loved the views and the drive - Waimanalo beach and then around Kailua and through Kaneohe

Wild chickens somewhere I think in Kailua (with cute baby chicks!) We headed toward the H3, but stopped at a lookout point to take in the ocean view. We saw a bird that appeared to us to be injured. We gave him some bread and Lily said a prayer that he'd be ok. 

We hopped back onto H3 and headed back to Honolulu, driving through the Tetsuo Harano tunnels through the Ko'olau Range (our video of driving through the mountain, the mountains are gorgeous) and back to Ko Olina. I really loved driving through the mountain. I would have liked to drive around the entire island, but we'll save that for next time. We made it up to Laie last Sunday, so it's ok. I knew we couldn't do both, and through the mountains to Ko Olina was over an hour less time in the car, so that's what we did. Back at the room, we had a lot of food to use or leave, so I made lots of smoothies - the kids ate on the balcony.

I made a feast for dinner while Hyrum entertained the kids - they played Simon Says. 

"Simon Says look at mom and say cheese!"

We so much that the kids were complaining from stuffed stomachs. It's hard to calculate food for our group, but we knew that anything we didn't eat would be left in the freezer and probably thrown away by the housekeeping (I hope they do something with it, atleast with the unopened things). We had bought food at Costco on our way home from the bishop museum. Probably too much. Corey joked that we are a traveling group of competitive eaters. I think we should be ok with 2-3 meals a day, although I don't know how to enforce that. Wesley went to look at the gift shop. Some deep thought from Hawaii - 

"Life's better in Hawaii!!" I agree!
 

We have loved not having dry skin during this trip. And I dare say this place has cured my throat phlegm that I"ve had since the solar Eclipse. Seriously, that night before the eclipse, I thought a gnat flew in my mouth or something and got lodged in the back of my throat, and it's stayed there since. I even went to a throat doctor to get it looked at (Oct 2017). He was like "Yeah, mucus changes as you get older." Then I got a $150 bill and swore off going to doctors in the future. But hey, Hawaii's climate might have cured me! We may have to move to Hawaii for my health. 

We packed up tonight because tomorrow morning around 5:30 we're going to wake up and leave - our flight this morning was a 8am. We're thinking if we're on our way around 6 that will be good. We went for a brief walk to try and catch what we could of our last Hawaii sunset... Kids silhouettes at the bottom of the photo here -

This has been such a wonderful blessing to take this trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...