Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Prayers for Thiago

Our friends in Brazil, Rafael and Natalia, let us know yesterday that one of their dear friends is in the hospital with Covid19. His name is Thiago (the "T" makes a "Ch" sound in Portuguese, so his name sounds like "Chi-a-go", and I am Chiffani)... He is a counselor in their stake in SumarĂ© and he and his wife have four children. His lungs are 90% compromised and they've told his family to prepare for his death. We are praying and fasting for him to recover, or that if it's according to God's plan to take him Home at this time, that his wife and children will be strengthened and blessed to be able to bear this trial faithfully. 

I believe in the power of prayer. I also know that sometimes we need to have trust and faith in God to not be healed if that is His will. This pandemic has sure given everyone stretching experiences. 

I was thinking of people I met and knew on my mission earlier this week, and I spent a little bit of time on facebook trying to find them. I remembered that one lady, Raquel (Natalie's middle name is after her), was the aunt of someone who used to live in my neighborhood back when we lived on 10th east when Ethan was born. I couldn't find her at first, so I looked up a friend who lived there with us. They helped me remember her last name, then I looked her up, found her and her daughter, and looked through their friends and I was able to find Raquel, older son Noel, little Urian, and daughter Aylin, and there is Hermano Garcia! I was excited! 
I also found a lady we baptized when we were in Chandler, Betty! She has left Arizona and is back in Mexico, but yay, I'm happy to reconnect with them! 

So I spent time online doing that today. And as for here at home, for some reason I bought Heavenly Hunks at Costco yesterday and I ate way too many of them. I shall have to find time to sit and wonder why I overate - I wasn't hungry, so I must have been trying to distract myself from dealing with something... I'm not very good yet at knowing how to figure out my emotions when I'm in them. I probably need to make better use of my time.... I have a lot to do but sometimes am trapped by the little people. Like today when I felt obliged to stay with Peter and draw lots of pictures of McQueen for him. Everyone took turns drawing pictures of McQueen for Peter. 

But then they have to do homework, so I stayed for a while. I probably do need to get Audible.... I don't like feeling unproductive. Or I guess I can just think of how it is productive and good to spend time drawing pictures for Peter. It is good for his happiness and development. So we did that and all the other usual stuff - dishes, violin, homework, etc. It was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...