Thursday, June 17, 2021

A Day in the Car

5:45 am - woke up

6:08 - went to the gym with Abi

7:16  - head home from the gym

7:50 - take Wes to Drivers Ed, he drove, I am a little stressed out in the passenger seat with a student driver

8:23 - home from Driver's Ed

9:31 -  back to pick up Wes from Driver's Ed

9:45 - take Wes to the Driving range at Cottonwood High School, I didn't let him drive

10:19 - home from Cottonwood High

10:50 - take Abi to Zupas

11:21 - home from Zupas

11:47 - go get Wes from Cottonwood High

12:03 - W drove as we went to get Abi from Zupas

12:17 - I drove as we took Abi and friends to Jordan Commons

12:44 - W drove home from Jordan Commons (pretending I can put my foot on a brake)

2:00 - take Natalie to her rehearsal at SLCC Grand Theater

2:25 - drop off Natalie

2:30 - I tried to go to Costco, but I'm stuck in traffic for 25 minutes because construction on 300 W in front of the downtown Costco made it take so long that we only had time to get gas

3:10 - drive back to get Natalie

3:20 - pick up Natalie, head to Jordan Commons to pick up Abi

3:50 - pick up Abi

4:08 - go by Wendy's for 8 Frostys, then arrive back at home where I am disappointed the kids didn't clean up anything while I was gone. Lily was the one with the most free time and I guess she just couldn't bring herself to do anything to help. 

5:25 - leave for Sophi's soccer practice and parent meeting (we were late) took SDP

6:39 - head home

7:04 - Corey left with Lily to a clarinet lesson (Thanks Corey for doing that one!)

And now I'm sitting here attempting to slightly decompress for a moment. During each 45-60 minute window that I was home, I'd beg and nag and plead with the kids to help me clean but they wouldn't do it. There were a few feeble attempts, but then they'd get distracted and start singing or playing or coloring. So the house is still a mess. 

Just clutter, crumbs and face cards everywhere. And where are the kids? I hear laughter from the backyard and I look out the window. 
They are playing some Raya the last water dragon game with the balls and blue poles from this Construction fort toy thingy that I keep trying to gather together so I can donate it to the DI, but they keep finding it. 
The big kids have been playing legos in the basement. There are face cards everywhere on the floor. I'm just going to throw them away. Natalie and Sophi have been doing this one "magic" trick for us over and over with the face cards and it was cute the first few times and now I will still do it but I admit I am not fully present when show me their magic skills. Tonight we had a good talk with Wes. Corey is a great father. Wes is a good kid. I want to do better. 
Peter driving a car on Corey's head, haha. I'm grateful for my family, for good friends (Nicole said a prayer with me tonight) and for Jesus Christ and his gospel in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...