Saturday, June 5, 2021

Saturday Outings

School is out and summer weather is officially here. It was pretty hot today, so we thought we'd take a bike ride at noon. Corey just couldn't stand staying home with hyper active children, so they loaded up the bike rack. Owen's bike is pretty small on him, so Corey had him try to ride Natalie's bike and it was a success! That means Daniel could use Owen's bike. And he could ride it fine, but he can't stop. Corey took WSOP on a little trail that runs along the canyon road and they started to bike up to the Quarry Trail. Peter waiting for everyone to get the bikes down. 

Corey with Peter riding shotgun, Owen and Sophi ahead of him. Can you see their little heads?

After they were on their way I drove over to the Quarry Trail with Daniel to help him practice braking. It didn't go well. 
It was hot, so soon we were done and headed back home. The kids' heads were soaked with sweat, so I thought we should go swimming. So we did. But first I gave Owen and Daniel their summer haircuts. Then sunblock on Daniel's scar. Off we go! Peter fell asleep on the way there and through the transfer into the pool area and onto the grass. 
They had fun. We got there at 5 and stayed until 8. Every hour on the hour they have everyone get out for a pool check. My sister thinks they started doing that after a little 7 year old drowned in 2014. Very sad. 😢 My kids were a little concerned when, only like 2 minutes after they got in, the water got turned off and everyone was getting out. I think it's a good precaution, but yeah I have to be careful watching these kids. That boy was 7 years old, I was there with 4 kids under that age. It helps that ODP all wear their arm swimmers the whole time, and I did my best to keep an eye on Natalie and Sophi. At the 7:00 pool check, Daniel was hungry and had had enough fun and was ready to be done. 
I said we'd get pizza on the way home and we waited. Peter was cold and sat with me. His hands were all pruned up... he was a little concerned.
Cute little boy.
Around 7:30 I caved and decided to get two cinnamon pretzels for the kids to share. D and P waiting for me to go get them a snack.
I failed to let Daniel and Peter know that they had to share these with SN&O. 
They were a little ticked when, after their siblings noticed their bounty, they came and tore off some and gobbled it up. Ok, that's all, we're going to get pizza, go get in your last swim!
Owen in the floor fountains, Sophi and Natalie in the medium pool.
Then off to a drive through Little Caesars for pizza at the park. I drove further to use the drive through, since I didn't bring a change of clothes and was still in my swimsuit.
They grabbed a slice and ate it as they played. Not the French way of dining: Eat when you're eating. Play when it's time to play. Don't mix them together! Sorry, we'll try to do better. 
They ran up a little hill, I was like "You guys could be in Costa Rica right now with that forest around you!" (see pic 1)
It was fun. The missionaries came over at 8, so I missed that but Corey and Wes and Abi were able to visit with them. We need to be more prayerful about how and who we can share the gospel with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...