Friday, June 11, 2021

Friday Night Date Night

I took a bike ride in the morning three days this week, good job me. Here's a little glorious photo of part of the trail I take. It's gorgeous. 

It was a good day. the kids did well with chores and practicing music. I practiced violin a little bit, had some time to read, and am feeling good about getting in a good exercise session 5 days so far this week. Corey and I went out tonight to eat at Epicurious. I had the Yellow Curry with Tiger Shrimp, which hit the spot - I was wanting something coconut-y. Wes and Abi are both gone still, they'll be back tomorrow, but even with two big kids gone we are blessed to be able to get out for a date. Lily was our sitter. I don't think I've ever documented "date night" - so here is what tonight's date night looked like. Corey and I give ourselves permission to leave once a movie is on and pizza is ready for kids. We still have to remind them to keep food in the kitchen. Here they are at the table eating, but still watching the movie. 
Natalie and Peter eating at the counter, Peter with a mouth full of pizza.
Natalie was reading Peter a new book that we got at Kid to Kid today - "My first 100 animals". It's a big board book with pictures of all sorts of animals, birds, bugs and fish. He is learning how to say a lot of animal names and their sounds. He's getting good at all his ABCs and Numbers, and is pretty good at colors too. It's adorable. Peter used to call pizza "boo-bah" but now he can say it. Wesley was like "Darn! I thought it was so cute how he said boo-bah, but now he can say it right... he's growing up!" 😭 No, we're glad he's growing, and he's still so cute as he's learning, but part of us all wish that they could stay little. Another word that Wesley was sad that Peter stopped saying was "fee-fee" which was what he would say when something was broken and he wanted Wes to fix it "Fee-fee..." as he'd hand over a toy or lego. He's growing up, but he's still our sweet baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...