Thursday, September 23, 2021

Family Ride in Draper

We had Parent Teacher Conferences today at the elementary school. They had cute pictures of all the kids by their classrooms, holding signs that said what is special about them. 

Sophi is important because she is Sophi! Natalie is important because Jesus made her and he loves her!


Owen likes his family and friends. His teacher Mrs. Petersen has a portrait by her door that Abi made in 2015. Mrs. Petersen has been the first grade teacher for Ethan, Hyrum, Abi, Lily, Sophi, Natalie and now Owen.

Owen's little biography and a self portrait. I know he looks like a bug with many legs, but he is actually just wearing a fuzzy sweater, ha!

I also loved the clues he gave about himself. His favorite color is red, his favorite food is "toost," he likes to play with friends, he is good at ST Math, and at home he is good at helping. All true statements, well done Owen. After conferences, we went to the book fair. Corey had taken the kids there on Monday and they sent me a list of aalll the things they wanted. I didn't want to buy anything, I almost hate the bookfair and the pressure I feel from my kids because of it. Corey said to give them a $10 budget and then they can choose. Natalie almost got a stupid "chocolate" calculator for $4, but when I told her I can get a calculator at the dollar tree, she decided to go with a small book instead. Good. I told Daniel this book was too expensive. It was $1 over his budget. But he wasn't taking that for an answer. He's not letting the book go...

"I will be walking out of here with this book..." his toddler glare seemed to be saying. And he did. And I hate the book fair and resent it every time I buy something from there. Sigh, what else. We had Sophi skip soccer practice tonight and we went on a family bike ride in Draper along the Porter Rockwell trail. It's a bit of a process getting all the bikes on and off of the rack. Kids climbed a tree as they waited for us to finish the work. 
Wesley helped us unload. Abi stayed home to practice flute and clean, cause 1) we didn't have a bike for her and 2) cause she wanted to butter us up so she can hang out with friends tomorrow. 

This trail is paved and is also totally not steep at all, but most of the kids couldn't handle the "uphill" slope and they were sure to let us know. I didn't get any pictures of the ride because it was "all parental hands on deck" just keeping the group together, but overall I think it was fun. We biked out to the overpass with Highland Drive and then turned around and came back to the Draper City park where the kids played on the swings and playsets - 
...and Corey and Wes played a little bit of street hockey on the basketball court. 

We stayed until it was very late and dark, but it was good and was a nice family outing. I was totally fine with Sophi missing soccer. I'm on a bit of extracurricular activities burn out, so it was nice to say no and spend some time together. I mailed the packages to Ethan (&collar shirts) and Hyrum, and also birthday cards to Dennis (b-day card) and Eric. Camilla and Eric's divorce decree came today. We sent some polos to each other on the Hibb Sib channel. She has primary physical custody so that is good, and she has a month to find a place and move out. I know they never thought this would happen when they bot married, so in that way it is sad, but hopefully they'll be able to start healing and creating their new lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...