Friday, December 17, 2021

Ready for Winter Break

We withdrew Wes from school on Monday, it was all official on Tuesday, and then I didn't get around to enrolling him at BYU on Wednesday since it was a snow day and I was busy with kids using the computers all day. SO, I finally got online yesterday morning to fill out his application for enrollment at BYU high school, hoping he could get started on classes. But as I applied, I learned that there were a few things that needed to be done first... I needed to send in all his high school transcripts, signed and sealed, before his application can be submitted, so I called Skyline and Brighton to do that. Wes was getting ready to go outside to play in the snow with Peter.

...which was super cute, but I also didn't like it. We're anxious for him to catch up and stay on track for graduation in 2023... there no time to be playing when other kids your age are in class!

Still, I loved to see them playing in the snow together.

Peter is adorable. 

So I called and left a message with Skyline about getting his transcript, and set up an appointment at Brighton to come by and pick up his official transcript at 2:30. Wes also needed to do a 500 word essay, and Corey and I need to do one too telling what we hope BYU High school will do for Wes. Ok, not too hard... anything else? I continued to read some of the details and then I panicked, cause it said that it was a 6-8 week process for admission!! That's not until February?!?! Is he not going to be able to start until February?!?! He could be done with the second trimester at Brighton by then if he stays in class, which would mean less work to have to do with BYU... doh, maybe we withdrew him too soon? Oh dear... I messaged Corey "I think he can't start until he's accepted?" I called BYU and my fears were confirmed, so then I called Brighton to tell them I jumped the gun and to see if he could come back, cause we didn't want him just sitting around here waiting for two months. They were very nice and said he could come back today. That's great, and hopefully means he didn't get too far behind, since he only has missed a day and a half, maybe 2 days of school. It was 9:45 am and Wes was outside digging a tunnel for Peter.

"Hey Wes, I just called Brighton, you're going back... you have an appointment with your counselor at 10:30." Wes was sad and collapsed on the ground, dejected. "It's one thing to tell me I have to go back. It's another thing to say I have to go back in 30 minutes..."

Sorry buddy. But you can't stay here and playin the snow for next 8 weeks.  I don't mind if you play during the next 2 weeks when were all out for Christmas, but you might need to catch up on math during that time too. Sigh. He was not happy but hurried and finished making a tunnel for Peter. 

Climb though, little Pete!
Good job Peter!
Ok Wes, go get ready. 
Peter kept climbing through his toy tunnel.
Now it's Friday night and school is out for the year and the kids are really excited for a nice two week break from school and for Christmas next Saturday! The elementary kids got to wear their pajamas today for school parties. Owen made this reindeer head that I thought actually kinda looked like him, especially the cute little smile. 
Cute Owen. The day started off a little rough for Sophi and Natalie. They had one more violin performance today with their orchestra at Park Lane. I dropped them off at 7:20. They have been going there early before school twice a week since September. It's usually Tuesdays and Thursdays, but this week it was Tues and today Friday, since their performance was today. I usually pick them up at 8:25 and take them to school, but they stayed today since their performance was at 9. I took D and P and we went to go pick them up. Peter is still playing Spiderman. He's been Spiderman since Tuesday.

But it was really slow going and didn't start on time... we found a chair to wait.
I could tell Sophi and Natalie were starting to feel super sad to be stuck at Park Lane performing for their Christmas sing-a-long and to be missing their own school's sing-a-long at Granite. I was glad that Natalie still smiled for the camera.
I was praying for them that the orchestra was performing first and not near the end...
Luckily they did, and we ran out of the room as soon as they were done and ran to the car, so even though they were late, I don't think they missed much of the school sing a long and I didn't hear any bitterness or that they had a bad day after they got home, phew! The kids had fun in the snow today and we're looking forward to a nice break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...