Friday, January 21, 2022

Curiosity Museum and Gospel Study Links

Natalie stayed home from school most of this week with a sore throat. She really hasn't been acting sick at all though, but I was sick for like 3 weeks with the cough and sore throat, so we still didn't want to pass it along. Natalie has been telling me how bored she is though, so today I had her go to school. She masked up and everything seemed good. Abi and Lily have been all online this week, and they woke up at 11 and then wanted to go do something. But we had lost our chance, since it was early out day and I like being home when kids get home from school. I joined a Bible study zoom call at 11:30 and the kids hovered over me a bit. Finally it was 2 and the elementary kids got home. Abi decided not to go, but I was glad Lily came. We went to Thanksgiving Point and were in the jungle area first. Lily climbing around in the nets. Peter wanted me to follow him, but with my pregnant belly, I told him it's a no. Thankfully he didn't object to Lily following him. Thanks for taking the bullet for me, Lil!

I sat on a bench and listened to a church podcast, accidentally dozed off for a few minutes, and then went to find them upstairs - Lily had taken them up to Kidopolis. Daniel as the parrot in a pirate show.

Owen is a pirate who captured the princess Natalie. Peter was a eagle. His role was to just flap his arms and fly. 
With 30 minutes left, we headed over to one more venue - Waterworks. Natalie was getting a bit wild in there. It started when Lily "accidentally" put a hose over a wall and got Natalie's hair wet. And then Natalie just embraced getting wet.
She even filled up her boots and was making puddles to jump in and everything. 
They all got soaked. Soaked from the waist down atleast. 
They had fun, and we picked up Little Caesar's on the way home for date night. Corey and I went to India house. Corey was a bit late coming, cause he was replying to a text from Father David, and that's what we talked about mostly during our dinner. I love reading Corey's responses, he's really good and thorough and understanding and restating and clarifying... I think it comes with the way he thinks as a software engineer. We enjoy defending our beliefs. The part I love most is studying and learning more about our faith as I dig into accusations and then learning even more and gaining more of a conviction that it is true. It is so edifying, it makes so much sense, it is exciting! It is delicious to my soul! Corey and I love listening to Jared Halverson's podcast/youtube channel Unshaken. My Bible study group shared this fireside that Brother Halverson just gave and it is so good. I wish Father David and all the people interviewed in the "What Mormon's believe" video he sent us could listen to that talk. I think it would answer so many of their doubts. I have loved studying the Old Testament so far this year. The guests on the Follow Him podcast have been so good - I've listened to all of these and highly recommend them - go give these a listen!! If you can only get to a few of them, atleast do Part 2 with Kerry Mulestein or Part 1 with Joshua Sears:

Part 1 and part 2 with Kerry Muhlestein discussing Moses 1 and Abraham 3
Part 1 and Part 2 with Joshua Sears - on Genesis 1-3, Moses 2-3, Abraham 4-5. These were so good!! "I thought I had read these chapters before!"
Part 1 and Part 2 with Shon Hopkin. Genesis 3-4, Moses 4-5
Part 1 and Part 2 with Jenet Erickson on Genesis 5 and Moses 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...