Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Family Ski Day

It's a family ski day! Corey and Wes were on their way up at 7:50 this morning. We were started getting ready to get out on the mountain. Some kid had my phone and documented a little for me - the room didn't turn into too much of a disaster as we all got our gear on.

Peter finishing up his breakfast.
We were outside at 10 am, yahoo!
It's great to just be able to walk out the gate by the pool and be on the hill. It's really sweet. We had a great time skiing with everyone. I wanted to stay out all day. Abi and I skied down the hill a few times following little kids. We mostly did the Payday Express and Bonanza. Daniel and I found Wes on on rof our runs down (10:55). We went down homerun and Wes took a trail to one of the sides and had a steep return to the trail - 

He let me know "That looks a lot scarier when you're up there..." I believe him. An hour later, I was with Abi and Daniel and Abi and I were doing little jumps/hills that are on the side of the main trail, and Daniel followed us, but he was going to slow and got stuck in the pit. We went to help him get out but he felt like he almost lost his balance and almost fell, which he didn't like, and so he was mad at us. He was folding his arms in a pout the rest of the run down, I just got the last few seconds of it. It was pretty cute and funny -  
After two hours, most of the little kids were done so Corey took them in and got them lunch and settled in the room while we waited on the hill in the rocking chairs, taking it easy.
Lily volunteered to stay at the hotel and babysit everyone (with a little help from SpongeBob) while Corey, Wes, Abi and I explored the mountain resort! Abi below, as we waited for Corey to come back.
We went up Payday and over to the top of Bonanza and then came down the other side and got on the Quicksilver Gondola. It was fun, but Abi was hungry and thus could not enjoy herself anymore and regretted coming with us. 12:42 and she hasn't had lunch! Such hard trials...
We explored too much of the Canyons Village side, and Abi was struggling. We tried to chat with Mel who called for her p-day but our reception wasn't great. 
She's coming home in less than 2 months!! That is crazy. We skied down the White Pine trail and over to the Timberline Lift, going further and further away from food in the room... Up the Tombstone Express, it is a huge resort! We were going to get food at the Redpine Lodge there but they required proof of vaccination for service, plus neither Corey or I had our wallets, so we decided to just head back to the room, but it would take a while - would Abi survive? Lucky for her, at the Miners Camp there was food, and we came up with a plan. Corey and I didn't bring our cards but Abi had hers... I looked through my photos and did have a photo of my vaccination card, which I took when we were in New York as a back up after I was lucky to get into the Natural History Museum cause I didn't have my card with me. So yay, I could go in and order food. Corey's phone was dead but luckily I have access to Abi's account on my phone, so I put money on her card and $85 bucks later they were enjoying the best food they'd ever had.
$16 bucks for a burger and $11 for fries. 👀 2:24 pm and we're going to live.
It was not worth the cost of the food, but it was worth the memory. I'm sure those fries will go down in their youth memories as the best fries they've ever tasted. I admit they were really good. 
With our strength renewed, we skied down Broadway and got on the KingCon Express. At the top we had a nice view of the Park City valley. 
3:02 they were back in their rocking chairs. 
The room was a mess, but the little kids are all alive, so that's a win. Thanks for babysitting Lily.

Abi stayed in the room and Corey, Wes, and I went out for a few more runs until the lifts closed. It's been a great and memorable day. We headed back home at 8:30 and the kids will go to school tomorrow. I hope we come skiing up here at Park City again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...