Sunday, April 24, 2022

Twinners

It's nice having 11:30 church. Actually, today, I thought it was at 11, so I was calling kids to head to the car at 10:40 and Wes wondered why I was going so early. Oh, that's right, it starts at 11 thirty! So then Corey and I both cleaned around the kitchen a bit and the kids played outside. I had gotten Peter dressed in a plaid shirt, but then he wanted a tie on, which didn't look quite right, so Wes helped him change and ended up dressing him as his little twin. Down to them both wearing white socks! 
Corey said says that's a fashion no-no, but they pulled it off pretty good.
Posing for the camera. 
Abi was wearing a black and white dress, and they kinda looked like they were ready for a school dance. I took a picture of them, but her eyes were closed and they both didn't like how they looked so they deleted it. As the Johnsonfiles says, when it comes to photos, everyone is only looking at themselves, right? Sophi and I and Natalie were wearing black and white too, and I said that we were going to the black and white ball, and then Abi got the song "Cruella Devil" stuck in her head.

One of our highlights after church is having Peter come show us the picture he colored. He is our favorite little man, and yes Peter, Heavenly Father does have a plan for you!! 

After church, Abi wanted to watch My Fair Lady, so we did and that was fun. Then at 4, our friend Gabriel came by with his daughter Valentina (3rd to last pic) and Valentina's husband Michael. Gabriel is Angela's husband, our friends from Chile, who saved us when we were trying to fly home in 2011. That is one of many fun memories with their family (and this is one of my personal favorites). Gabriel was here to drop off his daughter up at BYU Idaho last week, exciting for her! So it was nice to have them here. After dinner was in full swing, I snuck upstairs to rest for a little bit. When I woke up, the kitchen was cleaned up and the house was pretty quiet. I asked Corey where the kids were, and they were playing "Try Not To Laugh" and watching old family videos. Mel has been working on getting all of our family pictures and videos together on one shared online album that we can all access. It was pretty funny watching those old videos! Joseph had come up for dinner too and was laughing at the videos of his youth. We remember that life when Joseph, Mel, and Ethan were the ones in junior high, and Abi and Lily were the toddlers. A few thoughts we had: Time sure goes by quickly! And also that Corey and I have been doing this raising children thing for a long time! And here we still are, about to add one more kid and start all over again with her. It's a good way to spend our time, and there's no one else I'd rather do it with than Corey. We're only missing two kids tonight. It's fun when as many of them are here as possible. We talked about family, and encouraged them to think about the life that they want in the future, cause pretty soon, right NOW will be the "remember when" of the videos we'll be watching, cause time keeps marching on. The semester just ended for Joseph at BYU, but he is going Spring Term and that starts up again on Tuesday. Last night he taught the kids a game called "Animal Sounds ~ 

I came to film it for a minute, and then I went to bed. 

They weren't too loud, and I'm glad that they are all friends and enjoy spending time together. I have a busy week of carpool, taking every day to cover for a friend who covered for me when we were in Florida. I might take advantage of it being my birthday soon to see if I can get my helpers to help out. Corey is taking Lily to jazz band and Joseph said he'll take the jr. high carpool for me, so that is nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...