Monday, April 11, 2022

Universal's Islands of Adventure

This morning we woke up early. Corey and MWALSN ate breakfast and then all headed to Universal. I stayed a little bit longer in the room so the little boys could finish their breakfast and so I could make some lunch for everyone. It was a short ride to the park. This time I remembered to take note of where I parked the car. I was in Cat in the Hat 5-59. Yay, I won't have a repeat of my SeaWorld departure spent wandering around the parking lot. I was able to find where Corey and the kids were easily with Life 360. They were either at Dr. Dooms Fear Fall or The Hulk Roller coastser. I took the boys to Storm Force Accelatron, which is basically the tea cups at Disney Land, and the boys could all ride it BUT I COULDN'T. Corey found us and took them on it.

Theme parks are a sad time to be in the last trimester, cause there are signs all over that say "No pregnant ladies" and there are also signs that say "NO if you have motion sickness! NO if you have a heart condition!" and a few other NOs that you can't physically see, but the one that you can get a visual on? Pregnancy. 
I get it that it was good for me to not ride Iron Gwazi on Saturday, but I can't ride the tea cups? Really? I think it's pretty lame. So I sat and was able to document. Peter was uneasy at first, but he laughed if Corey was scared and screaming, so Corey did. Ride #2

After 2 rides Corey was done. We walked toward where the kids were and met up near the Skull Island: Reign of Kong ride. Peter was tall enough for that simulated ride too, but there was a sign banning me. So I sat and they all went in. 

They said it was really well done and that Peter liked seeing the gorilla fight the dinosaur. For some reason I let them have their sandwhiches after that... I should have made them hold out longer, cause they were all nagging for food later. Oh well. So we headed to Jurassic Park and were able to say "Peter! Look at that big dinosaur, wow!"
Corey and the kids went on the VelociCoaster. 
Owen, Daniel, Peter and I played at Camp Jurassic. 
It was a big play area, and it was hard to keep track of where the kids were, but they had fun. Let it be known that there are no signs forbidding a pregnant woman from climbing all over the cargo nets. I got in a good workout trying to keep up with the boys. It became easier to watch them when they decided they liked playing in the water.
Peter got wet!
We were there for over an hour as we waited for the kids to get off the VelociCoaster, and then we all headed over to Harry Potter World. Peter was tall enough to ride the Hippogriff! Yay! It's a 90 minute wait! Boo!
That line was NOT in the shade, so that was sad for them. Corey had sunblock that he put on the boys, and they were very patient and good for him during that 90 minutes of standing and waiting. Then Corey got to ride it twice as he went with Owen and Peter, and it would have been three times except that Daniel was willing to ride with a single rider lady next to them. 
Thanks nice lady! Corey especially thanks you.
Owen's turn!
The older kids were off having fun on the Forbidden Journey or the Wizarding world. 
We did meet up with Roni and Rosanna today! 
Posing for a picture by another dinosaur.

Then we headed back to Camp Jurassic and stood in line for an hour for the Pteranodon Flyers. Once again, I was impressed with the patience of these little boys. They did great. 

Corey got to ride that one three times. 
I stood and took pictures. 
Then we all met up for food. Corey got a few sandwhiches and some fries at Blondies.
They left for Ripsaw Falls and Peter finished his sandwich. 
Mel and Wes were in charge of ALSN, Corey took O&D on a spider man ride. I stood in line with them for a bit, but that line was in the sun, so then P and I left. He was ready for a nap.
I asked a passerby to take my picture. 
And that appropriately captures my Florida vacation. After COD finished the SpiderMan ride, Corey and Lily left and I took ODP to Seussland, where, once again, they were all tall enough for rides like the Red Fish Blue Fish, but they needed an accompanying adult, and I could not accompany them, not on that or even on the lame train ride. So that was stupid, and D had to use the bathroom, so we went to the bathroom for 20 minutes and then went to another water play place "If I Ran the Zoo"~
They had fun there, and got very wet. 
Corey met up with us to save me when I had bathroom emergency (and to save me from having to try and put socks and shoes on everyone so I could leave) and then the plan was made for Corey to go find the older kids and stay with them, and I took LODP back to the room for pizza, hamburgers, chips, and anything else they wanted to eat. 
Bye Universal Studios!
I cooked up a ton of food after we got back so that dinner is ready for everyone, and then I started to pack. We have to get up really early tomorrow - I'm thinking 4. We have to have the rental cars turned in at 5 and then hurry to the airport for our 7am flight. Not looking forward to that but I am looking forward to being back home. The little boys put themselves to sleep!

And after Corey got back with the kids, they ate food and packed up their stuff and got ready to leave dark and early tomorrow. One other thing - Sophi and Natalie kept up their music practice streak during this trip! Tonight it was past 10 pm and they both just did one song one time, but they did it! Natalie playing Minuet 2 slow practice ~

Ok, now we can pack up the violin for the flight. Corey also thought we'd be tight on space, so we just brought one violin, Natalie's, and they've been sharing it. Today is day 78 of straight practicing! Good job girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...