Thursday, July 14, 2022

Natalie's Friend Party

So... Natalie's birthday was on Sunday. She's been asking me about a party with friends. I do not like having friend parties, it just gives me stress and I kinda hate it. Here's me complaining about Sophi's birthday party in 2019. So, some time ago I set a policy that they can have two friend parties, and they're making me stick to it. I tried to bribe Natalie out of doing it this year, but she could not be bought. She's had one party, I reminded her, so this would be her last... You sure you want to do it this year? She said yes. One last attempt: If you do it this year, it will just be a party here at home, cause I have a newborn, but if you wait until next year, your birthday will be on a Monday then, and Dad can do something more fun like Classic Skating (I was really trying to bargain)... but she didnt' take that either. OK, fine. I hadn't sent out any invitations, kinda too late for that, so yesterday I sent out a few text messages to see if some friends were available to come over today for a "play date" . When I had enough responses and knew a time that worked for most of them, I confessed "This is actually a last minute bday part for Natalie. Her bday was on Sunday, no need to bring presents but just wanted you to know we'll be having cake and ice cream. Bring a swimsuit and a towel, they'll do some water games in our backyard." OK sweet - "invitations" done! There were five friends that we're able to come. That works. They played in the backyard for a bit, then I called them in for cake and ice cream.

I also had leftover goodies from Sunday that we put out in a pretty bowl and on a platter. Happy Birthday Natalie!!

I was up with Katharine most of the time, and do I designated Lily as the host. I had gotten a cake at Costco on Saturday and ice cream, so we were set. 

They played on the trampoline and opened presents outside (A few of them asked if it was ok to bring a gift and I said sure).

They had fun, and hooray it was low stress for me, probably mostly because it was low prep and short notice. Now we're done with another kid's parties. Sweet. So now I'm going to go work more on lesson prep for Sunday.

Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...