Monday, September 26, 2022

Pocket Pants

Today was one of my favorite days, because it was a day when kids don't have school! Yay! Abi and Lily stayed home cause it was the end of the term. Kids at home = I can go on a ride! Corey and I went to Corner Canyon, parked at Potato Hill, did Ann's west for an hour long drive. It was fun. 

Yesterday after church, Peter showed me all the stuff that he had in his pockets. 

I thought it was such a fun collection of lego parts and tiny toys and it all screams "cute little boy". He had of legos: two chicken drumsticks, two different guns, two dinosaur legs, two dinosaur forearms, a star wars trooper, some lego plant leaves, a few pieces of space ships, a propellor, and of other toys and knick nacks: a penny, marble, tiny Mater Tow Truck and tiny Dinoco and a train freight piece. 

It was cute cause he pulled them out one by one, looked at them approvingly as if he was thinking "Oh yeah, that's a good thing to keep in my pocket..." and would pull out another with an equally pleased nod. He likes his church pants cause they have two pockets, his dinosuar knee pants, they've got two side pockets too, and his gray pants are especially cool cause they have a pocket in the front left leg shin area. 

Peter also said something that was really cute today. Sophi walked by him before school and Peter said "Sophi, you smell pretty!" then paused... followed by "I smell ugly..." That made me laugh, which he never likes (see story half way through this post about our Willow Lake hike), so he promptly chastised me with a "It's not funny!!!"

Natalie and Sophi had their violin lesson virtually today because Natalie is feeling a bit sick. After that was done (via facetime on my phone) they always keep my phone since it is unlocked and do stuff without permission until I remember to take it back. Here's a rare picture of me taken by a kid at that moment - kissing our favorite baby face. 

Corey played with the kids out on the trampoline tonight for FHE. I'll upload a pic later if he sends some to me. 

Butterfly report: We released one male yesterday and another male today. It's been such a fun summer. Things are winding down. I have 7 chrysalis left, one of them will probably emerge tomorrow, and my last 15 caterpillars that are all in their last instar now. I ordered a new Monarch Life mesh cage that arrived yesterday- it definitely looks more professional than my set up before of sticks, rocks, and cardboard boxes. 

Now I have a mesh cage that zips up, nice! Plus floral tubes to hold the milkweed, and floral tube holders. It will probably hold 10-15 large caterpillars, so we'll see how many I get next year and if I order more or if I just use the set up that I made earlier this summer (2nd to last pic).

It's nice to not worry about them when they're all safely zipped inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...