Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Sophia is 11!

Happy happy birthday to our little Sophers!

We sang to her with the lights off, but that didn't make as good of a photo in my opinion.
Everyone enjoyed cake and ice cream, especially Wes who was giving all of us a big thumbs up. 
He was very excited about the cake. 
Actually that's just him telling me to stop, cause he wasn't happy or giving a thumbs up to the world... he in fact had a thumb that was in great pain, so he had to keep it elevated above his heart. He accidentally got it slammed in a girls' car door today when he was filling her cars with balloons to ask her to a dance. He's not trying to be positive and, as Peter likes to often tell us "It's not funny!" 
(but it was a little bit). We teased him a little bit by giving him a thumbs up everytime we saw him. Made me think of Studio C's Facebook philanthropist - "You can like this!" Wes is liking everything! Thumbs up. 

More birthday stuff - it was a normal day of school, and then she opened her present from us when she got home. I said I'd have it on the table ready for her, but it wasn't, so she asked me where it was, I went and got it, bagged it, and we took a picture first - Who is in the birthday bag? 
Yay! Happy Birthday - then she opened it, both she and Natalie jumped up and down screaming with glee cause I got her the Art Studio. I didn't remember that that was one she wanted, so that you to Sophi's birthday guardian angels for helping me grab that one at the store - 
Then I took the kids to Corey's parent's house for Sophi to cash in there. 
The kids played and I visited with Corey's parents. Katharine playing piano!
And it as nice. My mom came by tonight with cake and gifts. When it was time for scriptures, Joseph called to wish her a happy b-day.
I think she had a good day! Birthday accomplished. one more September bday and then we'll be good until December. And now for the daily butterfly update - of the 7 chrysalides that I gave out over a week ago, I know that 4 have emerged successfully: Amy's, Stephani's, and Allie's all did great. And I'm aware of one that failed - This is Bonnie - 

She emerged while her foster mom was at work, and when she got home, Bonnie was lying upside down in her meconium drops. So her wings were still wet, and it looks like they properly expanded, but then she fell and now it's unlikely that they'll straighten out. I gave her some of my tips that I learned as we fed Jerry. So that was sad. Another sad thing that we learned today was that some friends from high school's son Connor has passed away. They are both our friends from Skyline days, and the dad was my anesthesiologist when Sophi was born too. Connor was in the Soundhouse with Ethan and Hyrum, so we did carpool with them years ago. We are praying and fasting for them all to have peace and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...