This morning I went on a hike to Cardiff Pass with my friend Jill. I have never been there before. The flowers were amazing and it was a good climb. I was grateful that it was overcast.
Then we hustled down to try and be back at the car by 9:20 cause she needed to be home at 9:40. It was a steep climb so I knew it was not going to be very fun on the decent, and it wasn't.
Corey worked late last night, and then after he got home, for scriptures, he shared a bit about his work and about trust and patience, which once again turned into a discussion on endurance. The siege of Jerusalem in Hezekiah's reign, which we are studying this week, is a good example of that. 2 Kings 18 & 19, good stuff - "I can stay true to the Lord when my faith is challenged." I texted Amy last night to apologize that we hadn't paid rent yet, and she replied this morning, I read it on the hike, that us being late was prob on their side and that she'd talk to Brent, so that was really nice and gave me hope. I wasn't even sure if she was even aware. We're still in trying to keep out flag flying though it seems like we're sinking. We didn't talk about rent to the kids, but that's been on my mind all month. I handled it well, no tears this month. We also didn't mentioned Shackleton as we talked with LSN (Abi was with friends) cause I've got another book of a guy doing crazy stuff in Antarctica - The 12 Hour Walk by Colin O'Brady. I ordered the book last night, cause this is a keeper and I need to have my own copy to write in. The two parts I read to the kids last night were pages 101 - 104 and 113 - 115 about his crossing of Antarctica, racing Captain Rudd, then back to pages 23 - 25 when he broke his limiting belief about only being able to walk 10 hours a day and pushing it to 12 hours on that crossing. (Putting that here so I can mark it when I get my copy of the book. I've read that to Corey and now to the kids, that story is good and important, good lessons on endurance!) So Corey talked about work, I read those pages, and then it was midnight, darn it. The kids kept us up too late again. Owen and Daniel went to bed cause they knew I would be waking them up early. They had to be at the church at 7:30 today to go to Camp Tracey with some neighborhood kids. I woke them up at 7, took them to the church...
And then Jill met me there and we left for Alta after that. The boys got back at 2 from Camp Tracey. They had fun - here are some photos the leaders sent -
Lunch time ~
After they got back home they cleaned themselves up, then Daniel was jumping on the trampoline and accidentally made the hole bigger. Corey got this picture from his office window
Katharine helped Lily get dressed in beautiful pink clothes.
Oh! And Abi's mission tags came in the mail today! Exciting! Less than two weeks!!!
And I spent too much time scrolling today. I got on Instagram to look at some things that Jill told me about on our hike, stuff that is all new to me: Limewash, Roman Clay, and Venetian Plaster. She's excited about it and asked if I might be interested in helping her with a business around it. "Paint isn't just a color anymore... Finish changes how a room feels - depth, movement, texture" @Dmstudiohouse There is a "Plaster Portal" class by a studio in Wyoming, by New Age Artisans, so going to look into that. Then I spent time watching reels that Hyrum and Wes sent me, kids were over my shoulder, I was sending reels to the kids - pretty funny stuff - I liked these:
touching grass isn't enough any more
sad kid's mean face
which kind of hiker are you?
Introverts
scrolling, look at theses slugs
There's food at home
BUT I did finally get productive. At 9:15 and I just finished blogging June at 9:15 and then I wanted to finish out that week so I had to do those first few days of July and now it's 10:50 and I just finished July! The kids stayed up late watching Cruella while I blogged. Yay yay, now I Just need to catch up on last week's vacation.

No comments:
Post a Comment