Monday, September 28, 2026

P-Day Call & Roses

It's Abi's p-day. She Abi shared some fun stories on her call to us today. She's two months in (in two more days) and still smiling.

She called when I was on a drive with Sophi, taking her to fill out some paper work for her new job - she got a job as a sweeper at the local elementary, a job a neighbor friend also has. So that's fun, M-F after school for a few hours, weekends off, so that's a pretty good gig for a 15 year old. For FHE we had a few chocolate raspberry yogurt treats that I made after watching a youtube reel that I can't find now. I made them in ice cube trays, which worked ok. There was precipitation in the forecast for today and tomorrow, so I cut the big beautiful three headed rose from yesterday (and two others) and brought them inside so they wouldn't risk being beat up or destroyed by any hard rain. 

I've been enjoying them all day.

Taking them into the bathroom for a photo shoot - to catch their reflection and make it look like I have even more roses! DO YOU SEE THESE!!!?!?!?!

Oh my goodness. Even without the reflection boosting their number, I have to say that these are the BIGGEST prettiest poofy-est loveliest roses I have ever seen. Wow wow wow and sigh, each time I've walked past them today I press my nose into their soft petals and breath them in, so gorgeous. I've been thinking about Isaiah 35:1- what does it mean to blossom like a rose??

• The Setting: The chapter paints a picture of a dry, empty desert that suddenly becomes glad, joyful, and full of colorful life. My bush was dead and dry and empty looking sticks only a few months ago (last pic), now it's so full and vibrant and colorful! I love the sunset colors of the peace rose...

• The Symbolism: Blooming like a rose shows that God can bring beauty and new life into the hardest, most empty places. 

That is a beautiful symbol! Corey shared with our class yesterday that we can take Isaiah's teachings and make them ours - like how Brigham Young took that same verse and made it about the Salt Lake Desert. I'm going to try and find some verses in Isaiah that I can take and make my own - make them about my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...