Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Version of a Baby Wrap

My pet head. Looks like some
kind of growth coming out of my chest?

For those mothers out there, perhaps you've heard of the Moby Wrap. My sister in law Nancy introduce me to it. I just looked at it online, looked like a good idea, but I thought I could save a little $$ if I did it on my own, so here it is and here's how you do it~

PART 1 - Make your baby wrap:

Go buy 5 yards of a cotton jersey knit (the store I went to didn't have any cotton jersey, so I bought a poly-cotton jersey knit - seems to work just fine, although I don't have a cotton jersey to compare it to, but I say poly-cotton works just dandy)

Bring it home and cut it into 20 inch strips.

THE END of Part 1

(No sewing necessary - the material doesn't fray. But you can sew or serge the edges if you want. I didn't cause I wasn't sure it was going to work or not. It does work, but I've never gotten around to sewing it, but don't really need to. Sometime I'm also going to taper the ends of the wrap.)



PART 2 - Wrapping the Wrap

I watched THIS DEMO on YouTube and this is the way I've been wrapping it most of the time, although I've also done THIS "hands free nursing" way twice, once during a morning walk. Kinda funny.

I even got Lili wrapped on Mel a few weeks ago, but I haven't done this with the kids much because their torsos are so small, it makes it a little tight. But while Lili is little we can get away with it.

1 comment:

  1. Very clever and cool! Those wraps are definitely great, and making one on your own sounds like a breeze! Thanks for the tips, Tif!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...