Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Working Out

This week I am on my recovery week for P90X, which means I kinda get a little break from resistance training and ab work and do more entire body stuff this week, which is mostly core and yoga with a little cardio. I haven't lost much of the baby weight yet. Full disclosure:

On my last weigh in at the doctors office I was 177 lbs.
The day I got home with Lilian - 175 lbs.
6 week appointment - 166 lbs.
This past Sunday I broke 160 at 159.8! Yeah!

With P90X I can feel a difference in my body even though the weight is about the same. That's what happens when you build muscle, which weighs more than fat. Which is why the scale is not your friend, which is why I'm trying to stay away from it, but I'm always curious as to what progress it will show that I've made, which sometimes has the potential to put me in a bad mood when it shows that there's no change.

Even though I wasn't feeling as sleek and slim as I'd like, we were way overdue for a family picture, so we got them taken at Kiddie Kandids yesterday. We were able to get some good family shots, but when we tried to get a photo of just the kids, Abi went ballistic, so we got a funny picture of them, which I think is a more accurate representation of what life at our house is like. You can see those pictures on their website HERE. If that link doesn't work and you really want to see our pics, try entering in our sitting number: 005260360.

One last thing about working out - HERE is a great workout video for busy moms from Holly Rigsby. I think she's got great videos and tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...