Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Raggedy Abi


Good Morning, Bed head!

Abi was looking a little tubby this morning and it made me laugh, so of course I had to take a picture. She was wearing her clothes underneath Melodie's pajamas, which she got out of Mel's closet and insisted we help her put them on. She's always getting into Mel's clothes, which I need to do a better job of remembering when I get after Mel for having her clothes strewn around the house. Last night she ws having us help her get dressed in some of Mel's pants, and Corey remarked, "She's like a doll who dresses herself!" Corey also remarked last week as we smiled at Abi, "I'd be pretty impressed with myself if I could make one of these (meaning a little girl)..." Being the computer programmer that he is, Corey is amazed with creating and designing systems, and what more remarkable complex system is there than a human being. Abi can think, dress herself, she had opinions and attitudes, what an amazing creation! Also, after Lili was born and was a mere 5 lbs 13 oz, I thought it was amazing that it took 9 months to make something that wasn't even 6 lbs. I can gain 6 lbs of weight pretty quickly, why can't babies be born more quickly? Corey said "Well, a baby is more complex than 6 lbs of fat." I thought that was a good point. Still, I was a little disappointed that of the 40 lbs I gained during the pregnancy, her delivery only relieved me of 5+ lbs of it. Just didn't seem fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...