Saturday, April 16, 2011

Imaginary Friends

We left Pucón a week ago and I'm still trying to catch up. Don't you hate trying to play catch up? I wonder if I'll go back to scrapbooking - I'm years behind with that. I am current with ABC books, so making Lily's ABC books will be the first item of business when we get home. I've tried to always have the ABC books finished before a new baby arrives. I do like scrapbooking though, so I probably will keep doing that. I'll just have to think of a faster and efficient way to do most of it.

Okay, so, here's a group of pictures from our little trip down south. The kids were a little bummed out, after seeing how much space we had in our hotel room, that I had forbidden them from bringing their Legos and other toys. Abi stowed away a few MegaBlock characters (Snow White, Woody, and a horse), but other than that, it was just books and Webkinz.

If we weren't at the Mini Club or watching Spanish tv, the kids were finding ways to get creative with their limited resources. They got their clothes and made imaginary friends to play with (Mel's idea, she's definitely the most creative one in our group).


Abi was very sweet and tender with her friend. In the above pictures she's putting her down for a nap.


She even gave her friend arms - empty water bottles.

Melodie played she was enjoying a book and just hanging out with her brother.


How do boys play with their imaginary friends? They were not as nurturing and motherly as the girls:


Joe and Ethan, pretending to be mourning after finding their friends decapitated.


Yes, the game took on a different tone as the boys got their creative juices flowing: "Let's throw them out the upstairs window!" and the girls joined in and suddenly everyone was committing suicide over and over again.


It was funny. But I found out, as we packed up the house to leave on our last day, that the kids hadn't put all of their imaginary friend's stuffing away like I asked. I thought I was just going crazy not being able to find stuff... maybe I forgot to bring it? But then I found the diapers and clothing articles under beds and in closets. Naughty kids.

1 comment:

  1. Joe
    Correction it was my idea I got it when we where playing hide and seek and later Mel made one and then everyone else did

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...