Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pregnancy and Exercising Update


I still had some spotting our first two days in Pucon, then the last of it was Monday April 4th, and nothing that whole week, so on Monday when we were back in Santiago I did an upper body workout Body-for-LIFE style, everything was still okay, next day did lower body, Wednesday planks and stretching, then repeated all that for Thurs, Friday, and Saturday, and it was all good.

I haven't felt any big kicks or movements from the baby, but try to find time to hold still before bed and pay attention to any fluttering movements. My varicose veins on my left calf are out in full force again this pregancy and brought more friends to hang with them, so that's a good sign that things are going okay in the womb.

This week on Monday I did Bodyrock's Brutal 500, a very modified pregnant version (for example I didn't do the sit-ups, turkish get ups, or side v-cruchnes, I just chose a good exercise and did 50 reps, like slow step-out burpees), and my legs are so sore still from those backward/forward lunges! Love it! I love exercising, and even though I'm not looking to loose weight right now, I just feel so much better emotionally and my body feels better (no back aches) when I try to keep my muscles strong so they can do their job and hold my body up properly. :)

I was so sore that yesterday I just rested, today since my legs are still tender I did the BFL upperbody again. I have lots of Bodyrock workouts written in a small notebook and just go straight to the gym here in our apartment after I take the kids to school (take them at 7:30, am in the gym around 8:15) and no one else is ever in there at that time, so I put on my ipod shuffle and do some stretching and dancing and disco-strike-a-pose moves (all of which I would not do if anyone's in there) and take my time working out until 9. It's great to have that time in the mornings, definitely something I will miss about Chile. I'll be exercising at home when we're back in Utah and, without a gym to escape to, might get interrupted by waking children. But since it will be lovely summer time in Utah, I can go outside huh! Looking forward to it and the lovely Utah mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...