Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Things I'm Looking Forward To

So, almost done documenting Pucon - just a few videos from the all night bus ride home. But gonna take a little break to ramble.... We are very excited to return to life in the States. I am soooo looking forward to going to Costco and great bargains on food. Chile is expensive. Our Start Up Chile friends from New York were totally amazed that groceries and food here was more expensive than in New York. We'd been dishing out the dough in Costa Rica to feed our hungry crew there, so not too much of a shock for us, but I think it will be a shock, or perhaps it will just be a welcomed memory and new reality, of the great deals at Costco and the blessed promised land that America is.

I've been at a loss with what to do with clutter here (amazing that we still have clutter with our limited household and personal items), don't know if there's a thrift store or donation center, so I'll probably just hand it all off in a box and grocery sacks to some friends before we head out. But if they don't want it I'll probably pack it and take it by Deseret Industries. Love the DI! I'm sure I'll quickly have a load of things to donate. Excited to unpack boxes of our past life and see what treasures we find, remember, and love and what things I look at and wonder why I thought I should keep them.

I'm excited to have my K-Tec Blender and enjoying smoothies, protein shakes, and other healthy snacks I've been reading about on Kristi Approved's blog and BodyRock. Yay!

Looking forward to a carpeted home! And vacuuming with my Dyson! I could go on, but I'll save some for another post.

Now that we're less than 2 weeks away (12 days if you're counting with me) the kids and I can start saying "Only ONE MORE Wednesday in Chile!" And, found out today (glad my kids understood this from their teachers/peers) that there is no school on Friday cause of Easter, so that was a surprise and we changed the countdown calendar - now only 8 more days of school for them, and only 31 more times driving to school for me! I filled up the car yesterday, I that might be the LAST TIME that I have to fill up the car (Corey might need to do it again after taking me to the airport). We're starting to count other "LAST TIME!!!" events -Planning to go to the Movies FOR THE LAST TIME (to go see Rio) on Saturday. We had the missionaries over for dinner for THE LAST TIME on Monday. (They are cuties.)


On the right is Elder Wilkey (spelling?) from St. George and Elder Doh! I can't remember his name either, but I think he's from Morelos, Mexico? Or maybe Morelos is his last name. Oh well, sorry Elders. We had a fun Family Home Evening (not our last, yet) with them. The kids did very well paying attention, as Corey was guarding their small stack of Pringle chips (below) that they were to be awarded after the lesson, and if they spoke out of turn or didn't sit still, he took a bite. It's a very effective method for getting young ones to be good.

So the Elders shared a thought and scripture about setting goals and achieving them, then asked the kids what they want to be when they grow up. Abi had us all laughing when it was her turn, as she thoughtfully said "um, a... pink... elephant."


Just look at those cute little faces paying attention! It's so nice when they listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...