Friday, July 8, 2011

La Michoacana - Aqui Esta!

I have a very happy update on La Michoacana! Look what my friend found in Midvale as she was driving her kids home from a soccer game! And she even pulled over to take a picture of it for me - (Jana, you rock!)


Glad that she stalks this blog sometimes and glad I threw it out there. I should have guess to look in Midvale, if they're gonna be anywhere here in the Salt Lake Valley, they'd be in Midvale. Here I come Costa Chica Market at 654 W. Center Street, Midvale, Utah!


...Later that evening...

Joseph had a scout thing tonight that was for 12 years olds, and 11 year olds could go if their dad went with them, so Date night got postponed again. Or so I thought. Corey got back early at 9:00 cause he couldn't sleep over cause he's got a defensive driving class tomorrow morning - trying to keep that speeding ticket off his record. But Joe was able to stay up for the campout. Anyway, since Corey was home, we decided to run out for a quick date, Mel was our babysitter. Too late for me to want to go out to eat a meal, so Corey thought an Italian ice cream place would work. No, keep going to State Street, we're gonna go see if we can find some Paletas de coco. We kept our eyes open, there it is! Costa Chica Market, and I cheer "It's open!" as I see their fluorescent green OPEN sign. With the windows and doors all barred it looked like a closed American store, but we're in little Mexico, and that's how stores look here when they're open. Right as you walk in their barred glass door on the left was a freezer full of La Michoacana Ice Cream Paletas! COCO! Corey wanted mango, but no mango. Got some strawberry for him, and bought some new flavors to try - Lime, Guava, Walnut, mmm. We bought 13.


We enjoyed our ice cream on the way home - SOOOO much better than the Helados Mexico ones, seriously, these strawberry ones compared to those - such a difference, I'm having a strawberry tomorrow for breakfast. I'll have a taste test party, let me know what days work for you all. I think I might open business for them in our neighborhood and sell these from our garage. My memory hadn't deceived me, they are a good as I remember, actually maybe better than I remember after having a recent memory of the Helados Mexico kind. Okay, so I'm very happy, and we'll be making friends with the owners of that store soon cause I'm going there once a week and after buying all their paletas we will be sure to put in a request for Mango. Maybe take my kids there for a one on one date and let them buy the cookies and cream or bubble gum ones. :) Yummy yummy!

Update 2 - Another delightful discovery: Harmons on 7oo East and 7800-ish south sells Michoacana by the box - 6 in a box, in Coco, Fresa, y Mango!!! Heaven!

4 comments:

  1. So happy to have been able to feed your craving! Let's get together sometime and share some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! I love that you don't have to go out to dinner and a movie to consider it a date. Many times, as our date night, Dave and I will just sit in our backyard and enjoy the outdoors together. Enjoy your La Michoacana Ice Cream Paletas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Chile, I think my favorite part of our dates was the walk over to the mall, so I hear you - sitting in the back yard, going for a walk around the neighborhood, or driving in the car, it's nice just to be together and have a second to catch our breath. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...