Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ramble

Just going to ramble here about my morning, but first, here's a picture of nap time last week:


Last week I didn't pass my gestational diabetes glucose test with flying colors, so they wanted me to come in again for a more comprehensive 3 hour test. So I set today as the day to go, was in a fast state, and got stuck in the arm 4 times. But, it was kinda fun cause I had lots of shopping time - I asked if it was okay for me to run errands, and she said yes, so after my 9:10 poke and after chugging the red glucose drink, I drove to Good Earth and bought my favorite Chocolate Coconut LĂ„RABAR and new equally favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough that I just tried after a date night last month - I recommend!
I would have gone to the DI but they weren't open till 10, so then I drove by Hobby Lobby - they were open, I've been meaning to go in there for some time since I saw them building last year before Costa Rica. I went in and wow! That store is amazing, so many fun things, decorating ideas, frames, flowers, fabrics, I felt like I was in a candy shop - so many bright colors! So many ideas of things to do! Going to be going back there often I do believe. I bought some cute pink fleece to make the baby's fleece blanket (I've made a fleece blanket for each of the kids, the blankets have been good constant companions and have accompanied us to Brazil, Costa Rica, and Chile) so going to tie that blanket for the baby - another project on my to do list.

Back to the Dr's office for blood draw #2 at 10:15. After that the DI was open, so I went and found a few shade t-shirts and Downeast Outfitter's basic Ts - those are my maternity clothing must-haves. I also found some fun wood things for projects that I didn't know I wanted to do until I saw them for sale. Had fun, looked at my watch, time to go back to the Drs...

Blood draw #3 at 11:15, and my right arm was feeling a little picked on. I went back to Hobby Lobby again to browse the isles and look for some pens for when I do Lily's ABC book, then ran to Walmart for groceries and hairpins - going to try some of the 30 day hair challenge up-do's this next month.

Last blood draw at 12:15 then I was on my way home. Thanks for holding down the fort, Corey. I ate a lara bar in the car and decided to exercise today before I took a bath and washed my hair (I've trained my hair and scalp to only need to be washed once a week - I wash my hair on Thursdays) - I did a pregnant woman's modified version of the BodyRock 600 rep workout, took me an hour, but it was good to exercise.

1. Modified Burpees with Calve Raises – 60 reps
2. One Leg Push Ups on knees – 60 reps (switching legs)
3. Pendulum Lunges – 30 forward, 30 back
4. Dead Lifts – 60 reps total w/2 x 20lb dmbls
5. Crunches with Leg Extensions – 60 reps
6. Prisoner Squat and Front Kick – 60 reps (switching legs)
7. One Leg Tricep Dip – 60 reps (switching legs)
8. One Leg back lunge w/knee up – 60 reps total (30 on each leg)
9. Chest pulse w/elastic band - 120+ pulses
10. Back pulse w/ elastic band - 120+ pulses

I've been a slacker this past week with Corey gone overnight at scouting events, causing me to feel a little mope-y and lacking motivation and making brownies to bribe the kids to eat their dinner, but then I eat too many of the brownies too, tsk tsk... Anyway, I read this on BodyRock - an email from a bodyrocker who is 23 and 300+ pounds, and I liked the first comment by "guest" who said to take one day at a time and think "What can I do TODAY to make my life better" and then do it. So I'm going to take one day at a time, try to enjoy these last 9 weeks of pregnancy and not worry about gaining weight, but I'm also going to make a plan of attack for what I can do to stay strong and healthy, maybe it will help the time pass more quickly. I'm due September 12th. Excited for August to arrive, cause then I can say I'm due "next month!"

Well, time to go be a mother.

2 comments:

  1. Ashton's bday is Sept.12th! Guess Mom gets another month like June, with lots of bdays. I had to do that glucose test too w/Soph. But my doc is at St. Marks, so in between I went down to my car & slept. Good thing I had a cell w/an alarm! Hobby Lobby is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jersh, so I've been thinking about you and wanting your thoughts on our house still and how to decorate - you guys want to come over sometime? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...