Tuesday, July 5, 2011

La Michoacana! Donde Esta?


Can you believe it, after all my wishing for Costco while we were in Costa Rica & Chile and I still haven't gone there since we've been back. Corey's made a few runs for me, so I'm enjoying the bounty Costco offers, but I haven't been for 10 months. BUT, I have solved a mystery... I had Nancy pick me up some Mexican Ice Cream bars from Costco, and they aren't the same ones! I had packed some small glass memorabilia in the ice cream box of the kind that I love and the ones that Costco sells now are not the same, so now I am on a mission to find a store or place that sells the Michoacana Ice Cream Paletas - I need these Coconut Paletas! Must have! I'm on a hunt, cause the ones at Costco now are okay, but I need to try these again and see if the memory I have was just a dream how delicious they were or if it was real, and if it's real, I will keep these forever stocked in my freezer as my daily PI - Planned Indulgence (only 3 times a week when I'm being good to follow my diet after baby is born). I might take a trip up to Ogden to see if this place has the real deal, or maybe in Provo or Park City. Walmart sells coconut Paletas, the same "Helados Mexico" brand that Costco now has, but they just aren't the same. Join the hunt with me, keep you eyes open and let's find these delicacies! You will enjoy, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I'm not the only one who when they have a craving for something, will go to all measures to get it and usually can't think about anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check my Mexican Store...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll check Shell, a friend told me they are at Maverick too - I'll start going in to the gas stations in stead of paying at the pump. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...