Saturday, July 23, 2011

Make A Plan!

I'm recommitting myself to eating more vegetables, exercising everyday, and keeping my weight gain to a nice give or take 2 pound window for the next two months. The main key to my plan for success is to make and follow... a plan! ding ding ding!

Yes, having a plan makes a difference. I had an epiphany yesterday while making some curtains that were turning out badly: when I made an outline/plan of what I was going to do, it turned out well and much like the vision created in the plan such as my Young Women's Value picture for Mel's room. And, when I just winged it and tried to figure it out as I went along, it turned out bad and I hated it. I don't post those projects or take pictures of them, but I just fooled around with two things that come to mind - repainting a little wood birdhouse thing which looked terrible afterwards, and the other was the curtains I tried to make for the laundry yesterday - blah! But like I said I was just winging it, so like the curtains, I was just thinking of doing a temporary thing and staple gunning the fabric to the walls, anyway it was just bad and I hated it everytime I walked by the room or saw it, so it hung there for an hour then I took it down. Ya can't have something hanging around looking at you that fills you with negative energy, right? No. That's as bad as clutter (generating bad feelings, a sign to get rid of it! I should delete that clutter free blog ...started that 3 years ago when I was searching for my mission/purpose in life and thought about being a professional organizer.... I'd talk about helping other people de-junk and Corey'd be like "um, seems like we could hire you to work on our house. ...if you're interested...")

I warmed up for my plan of attack by doing a good job exercising this week, I exercised everyday for 30 minutes or more, but I did a terrible job with diet by eating a too much cookie dough and too many cookies - Tuesday a huge case of Otis Spunkmeyer oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough that I bought was delivered, which I purchased in an effort to be a fun mother, but of course it's an enemy to me.

Okay, so with diet, I'm following Zuzana's cue to re-commit myself to eating healthy. My diet will be a mix of Kristi Approved recipes and my own ideas, similar to what I did for a while in Chile (little blogging project I thought I'd do to keep busy, but then I was dead on the bed with morning sickness...):

breakfast 7:00 - chocolate banana protein shake
snack 10:00 - protein pancake or french toast
lunch 1:00 - celery with pb and raisins
snack 4:00 - tuna salad
dinner 7:00 - eggs and vegetables

optional 6th meal - wheat thins and cream cheese
optional 7th meal - pumpkin protein shake

I think I'm also going to make my own sandbag, so I can start doing other Bodyrock workouts like this, but I'm going to use some of the wheat that we have in several 50 lb. bags in the garage. Put them in some plastic sacks, fill up a dufflebag or backpack or something. Here's a post with some ideas on how to make your own sandbag, I'll look at his PLAN and then make my own plan and then my sandbag will hopefully turn out into something I can use for long term and not be something I loath when I see it. Making a plan makes a difference! I knew that, but it's good to learn it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...