Monday, February 27, 2012

Pretty For Church


After the lesson at church a few weeks ago, I made a resolve to take things up a notch for myself and the kids and try to pretty things up a bit, especially for Sunday. So, after her shower we put sponge rollers in Mel's hair, and I showed Mel the adorable little dress I got for Sophia at the DI (love thrift shopping!) and we just had to try it on her. We were barely able to squeeze her chubby little feet into her black sparkle shoes, but they fit and we found a black bow and just oohed and aawed over her, so fun :)

Sunday morning we tamed down Mel's curls and she looked lovely, so fun to see her growing up into a young lady


And then we did Abi's hair and got her all dolled up

Then it was Lily's turn, she sat willingly for the whole primping session, but not for the photo shoot.

She's a sweet and sensitive little thing, she's also an uncooperative stinker at times, which I was alerted to at her 2 month photo shoot. We even went back on a second day to try and get a decent photo of her, but she was not having it. She is the crying infant on the wall.

I love you Lily, you funny and pretty little girl.

4 comments:

  1. Oh your girls all look so cute. Nothing is sweeter to me than a little girl in her Sunday best. I'm assuming you don't have 9 am church because getting four girls all dolled up takes some time but if you did props to you! I hope you were able to get dolled up too. I know I usually spend so much time getting the kids cute that I barely have time to hop in the shower before church or brush my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, church is at 11. When it was at 9, the #1 goal was get there on time, so #2 goal of looking our best usually wasn't achieved, and we settled for decent. :) and I had the girls ready by 10:15, so I still had a good 20 minutes to get myself ready, about 15 minutes more than usual, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're girls are all so beautiful! You must be so happy to have so many blessings in your life..... and that was only half of them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...