Friday, June 8, 2012

Date Your Spouse

During our dinner a few dates ago, as we sat across from each other with only frequent eye contact, I said to him, "So, I heard you can tell which guys are out on dates with their wives or girlfriends, cause if it's a girlfriend, they are looking at them.  If it's their wife, they are looking around the room..."  (something Mars and Venus brought to my attention) 

Corey replied "...did you say something?"  (he's such a tease) 


Doesn't bother me that he doesn't look at me much, we do talk, but I do find it interesting/funny and wonder why it tends to happen as time passes.

So it was kinda funny on our date night last week to have him looking at me. ...for long intervals... and not look away.  I kept thinking "what is he looking at?" and would check my teeth and hair or whatever I thought he was noticing.  Nothing seemed out of place, I started feeling a little bashful about it, and when I gave him a look of "Ok, why are you acting weird?" he just continued to look at me, with a few fluttering bats of his eyes, and I could tell he was suppressing a chuckle.  Then I remembered my comment from the previous date, and then I laughed, cause here he was showing that he hears and tries to put in practice any little suggestions that my random thoughts put out there.


It was a fun date at the Bombay house - I ordered my regular: Shrimp Coconut Korma, mmm.


Corey diverted his eyes temporarily when Joe called to check in from his scout campout.


The rest of the kids were with Grandma and Grandpa, playing with toys and Wesley is really into juggling right now (such a cute smile)


And Sophi is just getting so cute - she's learning to scrunch her nose when she sees the red flash light of my camera shining in her face.


Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...