Monday, June 4, 2012

The Hunger Water Games

Last month Joseph received the following invitation:

  
The Hunger Games Event
Saturday May 5th 8:30 a.m.
All tributes are considered volunteer tributes.  you must meet at the arena which is Granite Park promptly at 8:30.  Do not be late or you will miss the reaping.  As soon as the reaping is completed the ranking will take place.  Weapons for the games will be provided at the cornucopia.  Because of the nature of the arena and the physical activity of the games there is a risk of injury.  Make sure your parents know what you are doing.  You are welcome to bring a water bottle and a magazine or book for reading.  Many will not survive the initial battle and you will have time on your hands.  There will be only one survivor.  For interested tributes there will be a short training on Monday at Dave Kadleck's home at 5:50.  Wear clothing appropriate for the battle in the arena.



Isn't that fun?!?!   (...I'm so glad there are adults in my neighborhood that put together these kind of activities for the kids - Dave Kadleck is awesome!  I aspire to be one of the fun adults at some future day ...once all my children are done nursing and diaper free...)

Joseph was so excited all week.  I woke up early that morning, stumbled out of bed sleepy eyes, open the door to put on my shoes and I find Joseph up even earlier than me, dressed in camo, asking if he could run over to the tree farm to get his shoes covered in mud to help hide him better ~ "Uh, sure... yeah, whatever?"  (he's kind of an intense kid)


Corey took Joe and Ethan and some of their friends over, they had a really fun time.


And this past month has already seen a few more Hunger Games over at the tree farm.



The cornucopia, with coolers of water balloons, buckets, wet towels, etc


Ethan hid out in a tree the whole time and got 3rd place.  Although in the real Hunger Games that wouldn't have mattered much what place one got...


I'm sure there will be more Hunger Games over the summer.  What a great childhood these kids are enjoying!  I love it, reminds me of my own young years of playing kick the can and ghost in the graveyard with all the neighborhood kids - Spiers, Kurlich, Porter, Stanclift, Green, Hall... good memories.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...